Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Bu is home..for a bit....got some questions.

2thdoc01

Got the new Vride on Sat. Looks ok, no decals yet and the white tower wasnt in so it has a black one on temporarily. Trying to have the wakesetter decal added but apparently the core medallion is too big to fit. So I may just go with wakesetter on the side. Yah I know it isnt one, but at one point it was! LOL Ride decals are stupid looking.

Here is a list of questions.....

How well do the white tower colors match the boat and the wetsounds speakers?

Can I get a chrome shift knob?

Why doesnt my boat have a 12v plug in the glove box?

Why cant I open the walkthru windshield with the mirror on? It will rest on the knobs of the mirror and not the rubber stopper.

Why does my radio controller mess up when FF thru songs on the thumb drive or on internal memory? When you FF thru a song, if you hear a few seconds of it, and hit next track, it changes the track number and continues playing the same song...if you hit it again it may do the same thing or skip ahead a few songs. You then wind up missing a song.

My 3g clickwheel ipod, or my nanos dont work....gives the disconnect usb message.

WTF, no Mute button on the radio??? Stupid move.

Why no SS grab handles in the bow area with deck SS bow rail option? That space is completely void of anything and is wasted.

Why is my wedge access door so hard to open on my fiberglass deck?

Is the Malibu cover trailerable?

Where does the fire extinguisher go? I didnt get one.

Why do they send a 6k trailer with cheezy plastic guide poles and not nice padded logo ones?

Where does everyone keep the throw cushion?

Where do you store mooring and anchor lines?

I cant think of anything else right now....

Got the new Vride on Sat. Looks ok, no decals yet and the white tower wasnt in so it has a black one on temporarily. Trying to have the wakesetter decal added but apparently the core medallion is too big to fit. So I may just go with wakesetter on the side. Yah I know it isnt one, but at one point it was! LOL Ride decals are stupid looking.

Why cant I open the walkthru windshield with the mirror on? It will rest on the knobs of the mirror and not the rubber stopper.

Why does my radio controller mess up when FF thru songs on the thumb drive or on internal memory? When you FF thru a song, if you hear a few seconds of it, and hit next track, it changes the track number and continues playing the same song...if you hit it again it may do the same thing or skip ahead a few songs. You then wind up missing a song.

My 3g clickwheel ipod, or my nanos dont work....gives the disconnect usb message.

Why no SS grab handles in the bow area with deck SS bow rail option? That space is completely void of anything and is wasted.

Why do they send a 6k trailer with cheezy plastic guide poles and not nice padded logo ones?

- I wouldn't trailer with cover on. It's nice but it flaps.

- No charger in the glovebox? maybe it's not an option on the vRide?

- SS handles? Again probably a limitation of the vRide?

- plastic guides? ask your dealer. I think the dealer controls what is put on

- Fire extinguisher? I didn't get one either. I probably would keep it in the amp area attached to a holder

- Mooring and anchor lines I store in the port compartment adjacent to the engine

- throw cushion, usually just leave out in the open, if in for the night then in the V drive compartment (usually port)

- mute button on the radio? our boat has the remote under the console which has a mute button on it. i don't think there is a mute button on the headunit itself but i don't know...it's usually covered up (on my 07)., Maybe install a remote?

- if you get disconnect image, doesn't that mean its hooked up to the system? I don't have one for the bu, but I have one for the car, and when it shows me "Push Button to Disconnect" that means system has control of it. But you have to set your input mode on the deck to pod or w/e (you probably know this but just checking). Try updating your pod's firmware. alternatively get another pod in there and see what happens.

- chrome shift knob - probably could get one...i think i've seen them around but not sure where. most of htose parts can be obtained...maybe talk to dealer?

1. Can't help you here...

2. Yes...either from dealer or cheaper still on ebay.

3. Don't know...my 06 never had one. Good idea though!

4. Not sure...mine rests on rubber stopper but not sure if we have he same mirror. Get you a samson tower mirror

and take off the stock mirror..it sux anyway!

5. Don't have any of this stuff...sorry

6. Thought this was standard? Mine has them and I got the bow rails as an option too....check with dealer?

7. Sorry, I have teak.

8. Probably not a good idea. I have a rankin and still don't trailer with it unless I am going to be driving in rain. Any

kind of flapping can cause gel coat issues.

9. Mine is mounted down by the drivers right foot on that little ledge....provided by my dealer along with the necessary

cheesy orange vests, rope, and throw cushion, 4 bumoers, as well as some soft diaper cloths for cleaning.

10. Once again check with dealer. Mine came with nice black covered padded ones with the name of the dealership

and Malibu logos with tribal graphics. As a matter of fact I just got a new free pair from my dealer Friday because

my originals were getting faded and chopped up.

11. I keep mine under one of the front seats along with the cheesy orange vests.

12. Also up front when I carry it....I rarely anchor so usually leave it at home. Will probably regret that one day

however....

Hope some of this helped! Good luck with the boat! Love mine!

By the way...agree with u about the ride graphics...not feelin' them either. I went with the 05 Wakesetter tribal ones

and still like them ok.

Edited by DUKENO1

The coast guard kit should come with the boat. Fire extinguisher, orange vest, throwable cushion at least mine did. I would talk to your dealer. I keep mine just to the right of the driver screwed down on the shelf in front of the cup holder, Not on the hull of the boat.

Can't really help on the rest I have a VLX

Sorry,I don't know whats standard on a Vride and whats an option, but Your dealer sure wasn't very helpful when you ordered your boat or explaining anything to you. Thats not cool.

The coast guard kit should come with the boat. Fire extinguisher, orange vest, throwable cushion at least mine did. I would talk to your dealer. I keep mine just to the right of the driver screwed down on the shelf in front of the cup holder, Not on the hull of the boat.

Can't really help on the rest I have a VLX

Coast gaurd kit does not come with the boat, you're dealer may give you one. But certiantly not a standard thing.

-Personally I would skip the white tower, never seen one look good but JMHO

-Yes you can get a chrome shift knob.

-The glovebox outlet could easily be added, but I don't think it is a standard option

-We'd have to see the mirror and mount to comment

-The JBL factory stuff stinks

-They put those SS grab handles in orgininally instead of the bow rails, so it makes sense that you would need only one...

-I'm guessing you latch needs some adjustment, a nice 20 hour check item

-The commerical sewing ones are, but the sumbrella ones are not. Depends on what your dealer ordered with the boat.

-Fire extinguisher is not a malibu or dealer standard item, west marine has them

-The padded guideposts cover the plastic poles...maybe your dealer was out or does not put them on their boats. The new SS rubrails tend to rip them up anyway.

-Put your stuff where you want it, I know the police like to see the throwable within reach. Anchor I keep under the forwardmost bow cushion, seems like a good place for it.

-Chris

Call your dealer for Chrome Issota Shift Knob. i just ordered mine last week and should be at the house today. Cost was around $50 with shipping. I will see if there is a part number on the package to give you.

First off, congratulations on your new ride. I think you will like it...

i have a 2007 V-Ride. (24 hours on it now).

1. Chrome Shift Knob.

-----> I ordered mine on eBay. This is the actual link from the auction i bought it on $48. Its called the Issota Viper. Very similar to the factory one except all chrome w/o the black leather. And says Issotta on top instead of Malibu.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=370038796862

2. The 12v plug in the glove box.

---->I also thought this was standard on the 08 with the sound pack. They didn't have those in 07. On my 07 it is down under the throttle, and another one on the wall of the back bench seat.

3. I can open my WS with the mirror on no prob. Not sure what you mean with this.

4. I have the Sony with iPod hook up. But the iPod controllers are pretty standard.

--->If it says "Ok to disconnect" with a logo on the front of the iPod that means its working. You control it with the stereo, using the aux or source button. You can not control it via the iPod when its connected to a headunit. This is an iPod thing, not related to what brand stereo you have.

5. I know that you don't get the SS grab handles if you order the bow rails option. I definately remember my dealer telling me that.

6. Malibu cover is semi trailerable. If you have the rain pole in there you can make it a few miles if you are close to the lake. If you are driving more than an hour it will come off slowly on you as you go down the highway. Mine will stay on about 30 mins or so then it starts coming off. Assuming you have the $500 one with the will winch deals in the back.

7. I got the same cheezy trailer poles.

-->My boat lives on a lift in my dock so i don't really care. I actually wish i hadn't spent $5k on the trailer since it just sits in a field and never gets used.

Anyways, good luck, hope this helps. Welcome to the Malibu family.

1. Chrome Shift Knob.

-----> I ordered mine on eBay. This is the actual link from the auction i bought it on $48. Its called the Issota Viper. Very similar to the factory one except all chrome w/o the black leather. And says Issotta on top instead of Malibu.

Cool thx!

---->I also thought this was standard on the 08 with the sound pack. They didn't have those in 07. On my 07 it is down under the throttle, and another one on the wall of the back bench seat.

I have the same, just thought it was standard like in the vlx.

3. I can open my WS with the mirror on no prob. Not sure what you mean with this.

The little thumbscrews hit the windshield and prevent it from resting on the rubber stopper.

4. I have the Sony with iPod hook up. But the iPod controllers are pretty standard.

--->If it says "Ok to disconnect" with a logo on the front of the iPod that means its working. You control it with the stereo, using the aux or source button. You can not control it via the iPod when its connected to a headunit. This is an iPod thing, not related to what brand stereo you have.

Mine looks like an error, everyone seems to have this issue with the JBL box.

5. I know that you don't get the SS grab handles if you order the bow rails option. I definately remember my dealer telling me that.

6. Malibu cover is semi trailerable. If you have the rain pole in there you can make it a few miles if you are close to the lake. If you are driving more than an hour it will come off slowly on you as you go down the highway. Mine will stay on about 30 mins or so then it starts coming off. Assuming you have the $500 one with the will winch deals in the back.

I have the commercial sewing cover, and asked for one for trailering...they said it was...but Im not sure.

-->My boat lives on a lift in my dock so i don't really care. I actually wish i hadn't spent $5k on the trailer since it just sits in a field and never gets used.

Don't know what brand mine is, here is how it was listed on the invoice:

CS Boat Cover w/Illusion X Tower Cutouts Black Only.......$556.00

Now, maybe the CS stands for Commercial Sewing??? i have no idea though.

Also, not sure why it says Black only, but it is definately Gray.

You will know it's the same if it have a plastic insert with a pole in the middle, and right near that there are 2 little rubber vaccum things.

Also in the back by the platform there is a black bag attached to the cover that has 2 rachet deals to tighten up the straps on the cover....

1. Chrome Shift Knob.

You will know it's the same if it have a plastic insert with a pole in the middle, and right near that there are 2 little rubber vaccum things.

Also in the back by the platform there is a black bag attached to the cover that has 2 rachet deals to tighten up the straps on the cover....

The black cover from Malibu with the white lettering on the front w/ the wind vents behind the window and the saucer gizmo located just above the table footing, is a killer cover. Don't travel w/ the pole in. I'm not sure why you're having problems. Any pictures of what are is the problem?

Thats the one I have...so it is ok to use while trailering it?

Thats the one I have...so it is ok to use while trailering it?

Certainly!

That is a trailerable cover. Although I would recommend removing the ski mirror before doing so.

-Chris

Never had an issue w/ the ski mirror, mine is still in the stock position.

Im not sure how everyone else's mirror is, but mine has "winged thumb screws" for quick detach, and they hit the windshield before the rubber stopper. The only work around is to get a hex head screw that sits flush..but then its more work to take it off.

2ht...

we were out on the boat last night and i was thinking about your mirror problem.

Here is what i'm wondering....

On my 07...the mirror thumb wing nut deals are on the INSIDE of the windshield. that means when i open the windshield the window just rests on the other window, nothing sticking out to hit on.

never had an issue with mine, setup the way it is. have run WOT with the windshield open no probs.

About the cover: Would love to hear from someone else that actually has the same cover as us. But IN MY EXPERIENCE with the exact cover you have it does not stay on while driving for more than 20-30mins.

The wind will get under the cover about 3-4ft back from the bow nose and one side will come off. It comes off slow so it's not particularly dangerous, but i would not count on leaving it on for a 2hr drive or anything...it will definately come off.

I've had better results with leaving the rain pole in when trailering with cover.

Also. -- you don't need to remove the mirror before trailering/covering.

If its installed correctly you can pivot it down out of the way (inside the windshield).

They dont match very well, if you are about 10ft away you can't tell.

Does the Tower match the boat at least?

Does the Tower match the boat at least?

It all matches fairly close, but its still a little off. This is why we went with a grey interior, the white vinyl against all the white looked more like an off white IMO.

Even some of the black towers I have seen don't match exactly.