Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Response LXi w/ 340 Monsoon- 2 Fuel Filters?

Hey Crew-

I've searched the threads to try and help me determine if my 2006 RLXi w/340 Monsoon has 2 fuel filters. My boat had an issue last summer where the filter(s) got clogged which made the computer tell the boat to increase the fuel pressure. The boat was running very rich and often at a very high idle that could not be stopped. Not knowing what was causing this at the time, I took the boat to my dealer. When I was speaking with him after they fixed the issue, I seem to remember him saying that the boat had 2 filters. My boat is starting to act up a little just like it was in the begining of the issue last summer. I decided to change the filter(s) myself. The filter under the floor is easy to find and change. I have followed the fuel line past the fuel pump but nothing looks like a filter after the pump. In searching the threads it seems that some boats don't have a second filter. There were some threads that did mention that there was a screen somewhere in the fuel pump.

I just read my invoice from last summer and it mentioned that they removed the fuel pressure regulator and found a clogged return screen.

Questions-

• Does anyone know for sure if this boat does or does not have 2 fuel filters?
  • What about the screen in the fuel pump? Does this exist? If so, where is it, easy to replace/clean?
  • Where is the fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by Slalom Frog

1. You absolutely positively probably have only 1 fuel filter

2. There is a screen in the pump, its in the bottom of the pump and is easy to clean as long as you are careful getting it out with a small pair of pliers

3. Fuel pressure regulator is right behind the fuel pump (on the block the pump mounts too) it will be painted and is attached with a 7/16" bolt (I think)

I would say you're probably going to need some fuel injector screens also.

-Chris

1. You absolutely positively probably have only 1 fuel filter

2. There is a screen in the pump, its in the bottom of the pump and is easy to clean as long as you are careful getting it out with a small pair of pliers

3. Fuel pressure regulator is right behind the fuel pump (on the block the pump mounts too) it will be painted and is attached with a 7/16" bolt (I think)

I would say you're probably going to need some fuel injector screens also.

-Chris

Chris-

Thanks for the info. If I understand your information correctly, it sounds like I will have to take fuel pump off to do this? Where are the fuel injector screens? Right at the injectors? Sounds all like stuff that I can do, just not sure where it is all located.

Mike