Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Presure

Over the past three seasons I have been experiencing oil presure problems. I have 2003 RLxi. My dealer took it in two years ago and the problem came back once last year. I never had to take it back in as the problem never occured again. I have been out a couple of times and the problem has occured each time this year. My dealer said there have been oil presure sending unit problems with this make and model. The oil presure gauge, alarm, and display all show a problem. The display also displays "code 2". Has anyone exprienced this same problem and/or does anyone know what it is?

Thanks

I have had the same problem my second year with the boat (04). It turned out to be the cannon (dash to engine) plug. I took the plug apart and cleaned out some of the vaseline in the plug and that was the end of the problem. My dash never displayed a 'code 2' to me though. Thats a new one to me.

The gauges, water temp and oil pressure only operate at about 5 volts (to ground), the 5 volts originating from the MMDC, which is the dash computer. That 5 volts has a bit of a problem getting thru the cannon plug because of all the vaseline they put in it to control corrosion and the signal is only a milliamp signal. The 12 volt stuff passing thru the plug doesn't have the problems because of the higher voltage and current..

starboard side of the motor above the tranny. It is a large round plug with a hose clamp on it. Lot's of wires of course.

-Chris

I had similar problem 2 yrs ago. The alarm would go off as I was pulling rider up, then stoped. But would flash some numbers on the digital display.

I tee'd off on the sending unit and hooked up a manual oil pressure guage to verify that the pressure was not actually low, which it wasnt. I replaced the sending unit and problem went away.