Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SurfSkate

stroke

So i find myself limited to what im able to do on the wakesurf board and have looked at 2 different surfskate boards but seems it hasn't become very popular. Has anyone ridin the trick boardz surfskate or placebo surfskate. I realy like the looks of the placobo one but it runs for $550 and by the time it got shipped to canada i think its more then i wanna spend. Not sure how a wakeskate would work for surfing but im gonna try tommorow. Share your thoughts on skatesurfing Rockon.gif

Here's a vid surfskating

Edited by Ronnie

What board are you on now?

wakeskate won't work (well). If you're looking to add some tricks to your bag, then a broadcast would be fine and it's a "normal" price. It's also a function of wake and you'll notice that that guy was behind a very well-weighted centurion.

I saw the surfskate up close last year at a surf competition, and talked with Larry, the guy who designed them. I didn't get to ride it, but he rode it behind the boat and I thought it was cool. He was slashing and spinning that thing pretty good. If you're into the skate or skim-style tricks like spins and shuvs, etc, then it might be the board for you.

EDIT: Larry is from Trick Boardz. I thought they were the only ones with a surfskate, but apparently not now!

Edited by sunscapeJeff

I just watched that video ... That guy is awesome. My goal is to get aerials this year surfing. We'll see how that goes!

Yah I had ordered one of the ones from trick boardz and he called me yesturday and said there sold out of those and are making a newer model out of some new material but didnt have a ETA on them. How about a group buy on the placebo surfskate Thumbup.gif