Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

perko switch

wakemaker01

was wondering what position everybody runs their switch in if it will help i have 3 amps and 2 batterys if the switcc is on 1and2 dose it charge both batterys

was wondering what position everybody runs their switch in if it will help i have 3 amps and 2 batterys if the switcc is on 1and2 dose it charge both batterys

Has to be on ALL to charge both batteries. General rule of thumb is to run on ALL all the time, when you shut the boat off and are listening to some tunes turn it to whichever battery has the amps on it.

From what I was told it will charge both batteries in any position (off/on/combine both). I run mine on pos 1 (on-all the time). If my batteries needed extra juice then I would switch to combine both. Never had any problems with this operation.

From what I was told it will charge both batteries in any position (off/on/combine both). I run mine on pos 1 (on-all the time). If my batteries needed extra juice then I would switch to combine both. Never had any problems with this operation.

No.gif I don't think that is correct. When you isolate from battery one and two you are actually "shutting" that battery off so there would be no power coming in or going out of the "off" battery. You have to put the switch in "both" position in order to charge both batteries. Not that what you're doing won't work, b/c obviously it does!

My bad, just looked at my position in the boat and I do have in the all or combine both batteries position. I stand corrected. Oops.gif