Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wind Shield replacement

When I bought my boat, it was missing one pannel of the wind shield. The frame is all there, but I need to find the rubber gasket strips that go around the outside of the glass and get it to sit in the frame properly. I tried talking to a glass shop and they said I should try to find the gasket myself, before taking it to the shop. Does anyone know where I could find the gasket, or was the glass shop guy full of it and should go somewhere else?

When I bought my boat, it was missing one pannel of the wind shield. The frame is all there, but I need to find the rubber gasket strips that go around the outside of the glass and get it to sit in the frame properly. I tried talking to a glass shop and they said I should try to find the gasket myself, before taking it to the shop. Does anyone know where I could find the gasket, or was the glass shop guy full of it and should go somewhere else?

Dontknow.gif Not exactly sure, but I would think that the glass company could get it to sit in there properly. That's what glass companies do right :unsure:

You definately need the specific gasket to refit the glass. It has flanges on the inside to help grip the frame.

Your in luck, i've just spent the last few weeks dealing with this. If your windsheild is a Taylor Made then I have a couple of people you can call who have been very helpful. In fact they are trying to find me some of the rubber stripping that fits in the frame to cover the screws at the moment. Anyway, try...

Rachel Blair at the Florida office ... 941-782-3322

or

Linda Smith at the Indiana office... 260-347-1368

Also when you get the gasket just use a rubber mallet to tap the glass into the frame.

BTW.... if it's not a Taylor Made windsheild ignore everything I just wrote!

Edited by Arkid

You definately need the specific gasket to refit the glass. It has flanges on the inside to help grip the frame.

Your in luck, i've just spent the last few weeks dealing with this. If your windsheild is a Taylor Made then I have a couple of people you can call who have been very helpful. In fact they are trying to find me some of the rubber stripping that fits in the frame to cover the screws at the moment. Anyway, try...

or

Also when you get the gasket just use a rubber mallet to tap the glass into the frame.

If no luck try CR Lawrence in California......they have different gaskets.

or

Thanks for the advice and info. How would I know if it is a Taylor made wind shild or not? I have an older boat ('86) and just bought it from a private seller that didn't have a whole lot of info. I got a good deal on it though, making the leg work for some of these little things worth it.