Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover or motion alarms

smooth as glass

Did a brief search here and google, but was wondering what type security alarms anyone uses. MyCDX and gear were recently lifted from under the cover right in backyard on the lift! I'm back on the water with a RADAR and don't want to go through this again. Any suggestions? Besides carting all gear to the house every nite.

Did a brief search here and google, but was wondering what type security alarms anyone uses. MyCDX and gear were recently lifted from under the cover right in backyard on the lift! I'm back on the water with a RADAR and don't want to go through this again. Any suggestions? Besides carting all gear to the house every nite.

My suggestion, set up a treestand, put on your camo, grab the 30-06 and wait for them to come back Whistling.gif;)

I put one of These in my boat. the sensor takes a 9volt battery and is the size of a baseball, it fits in my side cup holder and the receiver is in my master bathroom so I'll hear it at night if anything moves in the boat, I can then look at my surveillance camera that is directly over my boat and decide which weapon to use.

I put one of These in my boat. the sensor takes a 9volt battery and is the size of a baseball, it fits in my side cup holder and the receiver is in my master bathroom so I'll hear it at night if anything moves in the boat, I can then look at my surveillance camera that is directly over my boat and decide which weapon to use.

Would that be, let the dog out and point a 45 at some SOB trying to take you stuff. Thumbup.gif

I've got a regular car alarm with shock sensor and motion sensor. Works good can't get more than a couple feet from the boat without it chirping at you.

I don't leave a ski in the locker just think it could get hot. Most manufactures will tell you a cool dry place if not on the water. (JMHO) I also use Whileys and don't like them to bake

• 2 years later...

I've got a regular car alarm with shock sensor and motion sensor. Works good can't get more than a couple feet from the boat without it chirping at you.

What alarm do you use? I have been searching and most I can find just have the shock sensors. I'd love to find one that has the shock + motion + weight sensor (although the last one I imagine would be a hassle with all the rain up here).

What alarm do you use? I have been searching and most I can find just have the shock sensors. I'd love to find one that has the shock + motion + weight sensor (although the last one I imagine would be a hassle with all the rain up here).

I had just bought a basic DEI VIPER alarm with the dual shock sensor and added a dual zone proximity sensor to it. Really easy to install and worked great. In fact I just installed one on another friends boat about a month ago.

I had just bought a basic DEI VIPER alarm with the dual shock sensor and added a dual zone proximity sensor to it. Really easy to install and worked great. In fact I just installed one on another friends boat about a month ago.

did you pick it up online or from a local shop like cartoys?

How challenging are they to install? Do you have a good set of "installation" instructions for a boat applications???

No there are no install instructions for a boat, it's a basic car alarm. Not to bad of an install though.

perfect. I think that is going to go in when I get my tower speakers and amp installed. a very cheap deterent indeed.

Who is doing your install?

What part of WA are you in? I'm in Portland. How long does it take to install? - typically?

I'm right in the Seattle area, usually takes about 2-3 hours.

I'm right in the Seattle area, usually takes about 2-3 hours.

CAn this be used when moored? i'm assuming the shock sensor has to be off due to waves? but can you just have the proximity sensor going? to protect the inside stuff?

CAn this be used when moored? i'm assuming the shock sensor has to be off due to waves? but can you just have the proximity sensor going? to protect the inside stuff?

Both the sensitivity of the motion and shock sensor are adjustable. I think if set properly it wouldn't be a problem.

If you use the code 10year on the www.millionbuy.com that 06vlx mentioned...save 7% if order is over $150 FWIW

No I was just curious. Let me know if you need some help.

I will probably take you up on that. Get a case of beer and maybe have you and John come over. I was going to add this alarm and an extra battery at the same time too. The alarm and battery are new to me so might be over my head there.

I will probably take you up on that. Get a case of beer and maybe have you and John come over. I was going to add this alarm and an extra battery at the same time too. The alarm and battery are new to me so might be over my head there.

Get an Interstate SRM-29 and a group 27 battery box from Paul. He'll know exactly what you're talking about, I just bought 3 of those and a group 24 and put in a buddies boat for the stereo install I did for him.

Get an Interstate SRM-29 and a group 27 battery box from Paul. He'll know exactly what you're talking about, I just bought 3 of those and a group 24 and put in a buddies boat for the stereo install I did for him.

Will do. Where can I get the cable and connectors at for it? and do I need another switch/isolator?