Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet cleaning

astonmartini03

What's the best option for this? I've yet to find something effective for removing dog hairs, tree droppings, etc.

What's the best option for this? I've yet to find something effective for removing dog hairs, tree droppings, etc.

Bissell Lil' Green Clean Machine or a pressure washer and scrub brush, then shop vac.

Which ever way you clean your carpets, make sure you rinse well. Detergent residue left in your carpeting will act like a magnet - pulling soil back into the carpeting faster than you can say Bu. ;)

Bissell Lil' Green Clean Machine or a pressure washer and scrub brush, then shop vac.

Second the Green Machine. I have one for around the house and used it to clean the carpets in the Bu. Turned out awesome - some serious crap came out of them! Plus that thing works great around the house to clean carpet stains.

You could also hose/scrub brush it. and then use a wet-dry shop-vac to suck up as much water as possible.

Good luck!

-- Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I get mine steam cleaned at the beginning of every summer. Works great and doesn't seem to leave that residue that usually accompanies a carpet shampooing. Call up one of your local carpet cleaning companies, you should be able to get it done for around $60 to $80. Good luck