Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Its Official!

Web

How about this scenario:

January: Ordered an '08 VTX... found out a few weeks later the wife is pregnant with our second child (we are thrilled by the way).

April and May: Weather sucked. We had to wear coats to get the break in completed.

June: Weather should soon be getting better but... the wife has complications with pregnancy and is put on bedrest (not due until Oct 8th).

I can only pray that the bed rest is a temporary thing and both mom and the baby are fine.

Try to take the long view. You'll have the boat for a long time, & it's an investment in the little ones' futures. You'll have so many great memories, it will all be worth it as you already know. It sucks, but as long as Mom & the Little One come through it okay then that's what matters.

When we were in NorCal a few weekends ago (the one good weekend of weather that we had here, go figure), the talk was that the NW is caught in a mini La Nina. Mini....okay, how about full-blown? I remember about 10 years ago a summer that started this bad, & it was fall before we had any consistent good weather. Turned out to be a really nice Indian Summer, maybe that's what will happen this year?

When we were in NorCal a few weekends ago (the one good weekend of weather that we had here, go figure), the talk was that the NW is caught in a mini La Nina. Mini....okay, how about full-blown? I remember about 10 years ago a summer that started this bad, & it was fall before we had any consistent good weather. Turned out to be a really nice Indian Summer, maybe that's what will happen this year?

Are you talking about in 04 or 05 when it was in the 70's in february? That was great. I'm ok with this as long as it's a long summer and we don't get screwed, hey maybe it will keep the wallies off the lake and the guys in the MC pulling tubers and doing power turns. That is all I see at the lake I go to, oh and the retards that like to pull wakeboarders inside the no wake zone's.

Update: 88 degrees, mostly sunny, 62% humidity, winds 18 mph from the S gusting to 28 mph.....cleaned the garage, stained the deck, built a new mantel for the FP, cut the rear yard grass, washed boat, vacuumed interior, polished racks.....come on, the only thing left to do is go ride my a** off!

Agghhhh....maybe it will glass off?!

Move to texas, we have room for Kool-Aid Drinkers! Thumbup.gif

Whistling.gif

And room for tornadoes, hurricanes, sudden lightning storms, ridiculous humidity, uncountable illegal aliens, a vast variety of snakes,...and I won't even get into the property taxes. Shocking.gif

My mom and my sister both moved to Round Rock about four years ago. My sister loves it (she has become a Texas Kool-Aid Queen) my mom would give anything to move back here to Nor Cal, she hates it there. I have visited a few times, it's ok, but not for me.

I find it humorous how many Texans think that Texas is the new Garden of Eden. Crazy.gif

If Nor Cal could become it's own state (with SF as part of So Cal) this would be a much nicer place to live (not to mention much more conservative). Thumbup.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu
Move to texas, we have room for Kool-Aid Drinkers! Thumbup.gif

Whistling.gif

And room for tornadoes, hurricanes, sudden lightning storms, ridiculous humidity, uncountable illegal aliens, a vast variety of snakes,...and I won't even get into the property taxes. Shocking.gif

My mom and my sister both moved to Round Rock about four years ago. My sister loves it (she has become a Texas Kool-Aid Queen) my mom would give anything to move back here to Nor Cal, she hates it there. I have visited a few times, it's ok, but not for me.

I find it humorous how many Texans think that Texas is the new Garden of Eden. Crazy.gif

If Nor Cal could become it's own state (with SF as part of So Cal) this would be a much nicer place to live (not to mention much more conservative). Thumbup.gif

Didn't you all try that once before :lol:

Well up here in the great white north we haven't hit the water yet. We had big hopes for this week but its back down around freezing every night and raining elephants and baby kangaroos during the day. We're headed for the Shuswaps where the forecast for next weekend is sunny and 25C. I hope they're right for a change.

Well, we've had around a foot of rain in some places, numerous twisters, lots of wind and lightning, and 100% humidity... since Friday... Water time was hard to come by this past weekend...

Man it was 90's here and sunny this weekend, had the VLX out and we skied our brains out.

I did get a sunburn if that makes anyone feel better.

-Chris

We've had so much rain that our local lake is closed due to high water. They closed all the ramps and even the beach. That's a first for me in all the years I have gone there. According to the COE's, they are hoping to reopen later this week.

Alright, I have been as patient as I am capable of being. Mother nature can you throw me a bone, please. I am getting use to the way the weather rolls here in the midwest, after being transplanted a few years back, but enough already. This spring, if it aint raining, its blowing. Looking out my window at the lake now, watching it blow with gusts up to 35 mph, I am on the verge of blowing a gasket. Its cutting into my riding time, and yes, I am getting grumpy. Very very grumpy

The fact that my wife and I built a lakehouse over the winter is only making matters worse. For the first time in my life, I got my boat sitting out there on my lift, living large, or, way larger than I thougtht I ever would, only to be shut down by the weather. Not only did I have to endure the longest winter ever, waiting on spring, but now spring is here, I am still shut down. Dang. Mother nature you are kill'n me.

She has consistantly been uncooperative all spring. We have had some nice days. but always mid-week. And we did have 1.25 days of decent weather last w/e , so I cant say she has been totally unfair, but clsose to it. Here I sit on a long w/e forcast of severe thunder storms, winds 15-25 mph thru sunday. Enough already. Jus give me a 2 hour window, please. End rant.

I hear ya brother! Like the old saying, "if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute."

Yesterday and Today were the first days here(Indiana) with no rain and little wind. Got some nice footin' runs in both days. Forecast calls for a chance of rain every day this week though. It rained real hard here last night.

No power at my house since Sunday! Electric company says not till Friday. had a bunch of trees in my yard blow down from the storm the other day. Its nasty, hot, muggy, and the occasional rain every single day! I am so irritated! MICHIGAN WEATHER SUCKS!!! Cry.gif

Rainy, windy & cold yet again here, & there were actual snowflakes coming down at my house when I left for work this morning. At first I thought that it might be floaties off of the trees or something blooming, but they melted when they hit the windshield. I can't believe this weather. The only 2 upsides that I can think of are 1) my hay fever is well under control since it's too freakin' cold for anything to bloom (well, at least the yard is green), & 2) being near the river mosiquitos can be a problem, but this year they haven't been (yet). I'd say that saving all of this money in gas from the boat not getting used would be one, but I don't count that as an upside.

Malibudude, as we keep saying, you would have been soooooo dead if you had moved her up here.

Who needs nice weather Crazy.gif I kinda like being the only boat on the water. Went in pouring rain last night with air 50 and water 51..Had a blast. Just toss on the drysuit and its all good.

Rainy, windy & cold yet again here, & there were actual snowflakes coming down at my house when I left for work this morning. At first I thought that it might be floaties off of the trees or something blooming, but they melted when they hit the windshield. I can't believe this weather. The only 2 upsides that I can think of are 1) my hay fever is well under control since it's too freakin' cold for anything to bloom (well, at least the yard is green), & 2) being near the river mosiquitos can be a problem, but this year they haven't been (yet). I'd say that saving all of this money in gas from the boat not getting used would be one, but I don't count that as an upside.

Malibudude, as we keep saying, you would have been soooooo dead if you had moved her up here.

You know you love it :lol:

Rainy, cold, and windy ALL last week...then I get sun burned while out on the boat on Sunday...then rainy, windy, and cold ALL this week. Good news is it's supposed to get warmer (low to mid 70's) by the weekend but it will probably be windy!

It's in the 90's down at Shasta...summer flu... Whistling.gif

Who needs nice weather Crazy.gif I kinda like being the only boat on the water. Went in pouring rain last night with air 50 and water 51..Had a blast. Just toss on the drysuit and its all good.

That is the ONLY good thing about this weather. The water is running 6-8ft higher then normal, the docks aren't in yet, running about 8mph, and is only 51* which is keeping EVERYONE else off the water.

I got in some great surfing on Sunday! The wake is sooooo long with this new boat I had to attach the surf rope to the pylon so I could catch the sweet spot further back...it was awesome! Surfing.gif

You know you love it :lol:

Rainy, cold, and windy ALL last week...then I get sun burned while out on the boat on Sunday...then rainy, windy, and cold ALL this week. Good news is it's supposed to get warmer (low to mid 70's) by the weekend but it will probably be windy!

It's in the 90's down at Shasta...summer flu... Whistling.gif

Ha, I love it in December when I can crow about all of the snow that must be falling on Mt. Bachelor that I can go play on. Not in June when the mountain is closed. Hey there's an idea, maybe they should just re-open for the summer. Crazy.gif