Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Its Official!

Web

Alright, I have been as patient as I am capable of being. Mother nature can you throw me a bone, please. I am getting use to the way the weather rolls here in the midwest, after being transplanted a few years back, but enough already. This spring, if it aint raining, its blowing. Looking out my window at the lake now, watching it blow with gusts up to 35 mph, I am on the verge of blowing a gasket. Its cutting into my riding time, and yes, I am getting grumpy. Very very grumpy

The fact that my wife and I built a lakehouse over the winter is only making matters worse. For the first time in my life, I got my boat sitting out there on my lift, living large, or, way larger than I thougtht I ever would, only to be shut down by the weather. Not only did I have to endure the longest winter ever, waiting on spring, but now spring is here, I am still shut down. Dang. Mother nature you are kill'n me.

She has consistantly been uncooperative all spring. We have had some nice days. but always mid-week. And we did have 1.25 days of decent weather last w/e , so I cant say she has been totally unfair, but clsose to it. Here I sit on a long w/e forcast of severe thunder storms, winds 15-25 mph thru sunday. Enough already. Jus give me a 2 hour window, please. End rant.

Don't feel to bad. I live in Washington State (east side) and we have had the same crap all spring long.

Built a lake house? That's awesome. Tell her that I am supremely jealous. :)

I feel your pain. It's been horrible here, so wet & cold this year. I can count on 1 hand how many times we've been out this year. I'm not one that will usually complain about it because I always figure that it's good for lake levels, blah blah blah. But enough already. I'd like to be able to use my flipping boat just a little bit.

Hate to bragg, Whistling.gif but we have put 60 hours on our boat since March 7th when we picked it up.

I LOVE TEXAS!! Clap.gif

Congrats on the lake house and hope the weather gets better!!

Edited by txwakejunkie

I feel your pain!! Im in New England, western Massachusetts to be exact. Bad unpredictable weather is par for the corse here. Some times I wonder why I even have a Wake boat, my neighbors call it the $30,000 lawn ornimant, i say 'bite me' under my breath. My wife and I just came from a 1 month visit to the Sacramento area. It was Arpil 25, 90 degrees, no wind, BOATS EVERYWERE!! Today over a month later my Wakesetter sits in my front yard,,,, on a trailer, its about 60 degrees, raining.... I gotta move.

I feel your pain!! Im in New England, western Massachusetts to be exact. Bad unpredictable weather is par for the corse here. Some times I wonder why I even have a Wake boat, my neighbors call it the $30,000 lawn ornimant, i say 'bite me' under my breath. My wife and I just came from a 1 month visit to the Sacramento area. It was Arpil 25, 90 degrees, no wind, BOATS EVERYWERE!! Today over a month later my Wakesetter sits in my front yard,,,, on a trailer, its about 60 degrees, raining.... I gotta move.

Move to texas, we have room for crew members! Thumbup.gif

Edited by txwakejunkie

WI hasn't been any better I'm afraid. Been out once. Between the long cold winter, the long cold spring, and the frequent high winds, it's been pointless. This weekend is more of the same. Going to be hot but really windy. Not worth driving up to the lake at $4/gal when I'm going to spend the whole weekend sitting on the dock pouting.

Same crap here too. Just got word that Lake Pend O'reille is 5' over flood stage. The town of Sandpoint, ID is about to go under. We don't ride that lake too often but it drains into the Pend O'reille river, which we do ride all the time, and it's pegged at flood stage right now.

Lake Coeur d'Alene is back down & the no wake restriction has been lifted. And the little lake we live on, Liberty, is not having any problem, other than the wind & rain so no one wants to be on it.

Looks like the ATVs are going to get some miles on them this spring. Heading to the old Naches wagon trial by Whistlin Jacks next week. I'm sure we're find lots of mud & snow there.

Move to texas, we have room for crew members! Thumbup.gif

Welcome.gif Once you get here you will NEVER leave!

Same crap here too. Just got word that Lake Pend O'reille is 5' over flood stage. The town of Sandpoint, ID is about to go under. We don't ride that lake too often but it drains into the Pend O'reille river, which we do ride all the time, and it's pegged at flood stage right now.

Lake Coeur d'Alene is back down & the no wake restriction has been lifted. And the little lake we live on, Liberty, is not having any problem, other than the wind & rain so no one wants to be on it.

Looks like the ATVs are going to get some miles on them this spring. Heading to the old Naches wagon trial by Whistlin Jacks next week. I'm sure we're find lots of mud & snow there.

Beautiful area, although I think that the snow comment is valid. I was thinking that it might be fun to pile in the car one day this weekend & head out to check out some of the lakes that we've wondered about. The weather sucks so we'll leave the boat behind, but it might be a good weekend for scouting things out. :)

Hate to bragg, Whistling.gif but we have put 60 hours on our boat since March 7th when we picked it up.

I LOVE TEXAS!! Clap.gif

Don't want to brag either, but here in AZ we've put on 48 hours since the first of the year. Water is beautiful and air temps have been fantastic (not too hot)!!!!!!!

Sorry to all those that live in "not so nice climates," but I'll be complaining when it's 110 degrees for three straight months too Cry.gif

Built a lake house? That's awesome. Tell her that I am supremely jealous. :)

I feel your pain. It's been horrible here, so wet & cold this year. I can count on 1 hand how many times we've been out this year. I'm not one that will usually complain about it because I always figure that it's good for lake levels, blah blah blah. But enough already. I'd like to be able to use my flipping boat just a little bit.

It was so d@mn cold today it felt like January. The wind is howling and the rain is pouring down! The 10 day forcast shows it drying out but highs in the mid to low 60's with lots of clouds Mad.gif

I want to go out so bad on Sunday cause it is going to be dry, but I don't know if I will be able to dig up a driver Cry.gif

Same in Mich. I put less hrs on the boat this year then any year. I will say we just got some excellent runs in Wednesday evening wife pulled me Tuesday glass. We got out this morning it is Windy but had 2 1/2 miles of very good water just small ripple. I also am on a lake and it is the best home I have ever had. Just can't believe it our place. It was a dream we worked at for some time.

Same story hear... last three weeks have been 15 degrees below average and precipitation has been way above norm. The lakes are full and I've only had the chance to be out on the water 3-5 times this year (I took advantage 3 of those times). Badmood.gifBadmood.gif Normally I can plan on getting out at least twice a week!

I LOVE TEXAS!! Clap.gif

We're just over 40 hours..whoo hoo!!

Same 60 degree rain here, forecast to be near 90 for the next 3 days. But can't get near the boat this weekend due to my wife work schedule. Cry.gif Crud. Friends are moving to Ft Worth later this month from south of Boston. I might have to visit with board in hand and holler for a pull.

Then next weekend is the start of the 85th Laconia Bike Week. Rockon.gif And that's more time off the board. We'll still put some hours on the Bu, tho'

To Web,

I feel your pain! I'm 100 miles south of St. Louis in Cape Girardeau and we were planning on going today but with it being so windy, that plan changed. I even had my parents available to watch our 7 year old and 4 year old while the wife and I were going to be on the water but I guess I have the rest of the summer but at this rate, it will be over with before we know it.

Maybe I should look into moving to Texas!! Or maybe find a different hobby that is not so dependent on the weather.

The date today is JUNEUARY 6th.

It's freakin' winter here. 8 deg. C. = 47F for you south of the 49th. Looking for the positive is that we are the only guys in the frigid water.

It hasn't been a good spring here in central Ca. either, unless you like 20- 30 mph winds. And it's been like that on and off since March! today in the last ten minutes it's averaged 17mph with a high of 29mph, SUX!

How about this scenario:

January: Ordered an '08 VTX... found out a few weeks later the wife is pregnant with our second child (we are thrilled by the way).

April and May: Weather sucked. We had to wear coats to get the break in completed.

June: Weather should soon be getting better but... the wife has complications with pregnancy and is put on bedrest (not due until Oct 8th).

I can only pray that the bed rest is a temporary thing and both mom and the baby are fine.

Yeah, this has NOT been a very good start to the year, but I have to admit we've been out several weekends in a row. The lake is mostly empty, temps in the high 60's/low 70's and water in the 60's. We've gotten some decent breaks on the weekends at the end of May and into June. This weekend, not so much...I'm hoping it's better tomorrow, because today "blows" :)

How about this scenario:

January: Ordered an '08 VTX... found out a few weeks later the wife is pregnant with our second child (we are thrilled by the way).

April and May: Weather sucked. We had to wear coats to get the break in completed.

June: Weather should soon be getting better but... the wife has complications with pregnancy and is put on bedrest (not due until Oct 8th).

I can only pray that the bed rest is a temporary thing and both mom and the baby are fine.

she's not going to go for putting that bed in the boat?

or how about "no, really, it's a bed not a ski locker lid".

Northern Nevada isn't any better. If it's not cold and crappy, the dang wind is blowing, lets not forget we had a crappy winter and the lakes are low. I have 5 - 10 hours on the boat this year, last year I had 50 - 60 by now. I start early with a dry suit. But I will admit I have helped Mdude put on a lot of those hours. So I guess I can't complain much