Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust Extensions

nemalibu

Run a search on "turn downs", I had them in my Wakesetter last year and I loved them, coupled with the silent rides and motor box insulation (direct drive) it was the quietest boat I've owned yet.

-Chris

boarded behind a 23lsv with the turn down and couldnt believe how quiet the boat was... and sitting in it i couldnt even hear it idling!

try this website <a href="http://www.freshairexhaust.com" target="_blank">http://www.freshairexhaust.com</a> - I've hear lots of great things about these guys.

It's my understanding, though, that FAE won't work with Malibu's because of the wedge. Last I heard he was working on something to overcome that problem, but I haven't seen anything yet. I'd love to have it, though.

Looks like the turned-down exhausts are about the best option we have for noise reduction and some sort of CO reduction.

Edited by sunscapeJeff

I wish I could attach photos because I got photos from FAE of their application on a malibu with a power wedge. They do do it. Go to their price list and look for: Malibu -2006- VLX -Power Wedge. I'm sure they will e-mail you the photos of it if you ask. It looks like the biggest concern will be how much clearance you have between the top of your wedge and the bottom of your swim platform. They say you need about 4 inches. They want $465 for it.

Is it just me or does that FAE look like it would put a lot of torsional loading on the factory exhaust outlets? That's gotta be quite a bit of drag too at 45 MPH.

I wish I could attach photos because I got photos from FAE of their application on a malibu with a power wedge. They do do it. Go to their price list and look for: Malibu -2006- VLX -Power Wedge. I'm sure they will e-mail you the photos of it if you ask. It looks like the biggest concern will be how much clearance you have between the top of your wedge and the bottom of your swim platform. They say you need about 4 inches. They want $465 for it.

You said do do! Biggrin.gif Ok, bad joke ...

I emailed Larry (proprietor of FAE), to see if they've got details on using it with the manual wedge. I'll report back if I hear anything.