Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

335 hp Monsoon EFI is missing

I have a 2003 Wakesetter with the Indmar 335 Monsoon EFI with Perfect Pass. After weeks of running smooth, the engince started "missing" at speeds from 17-20. All guages and all fluids check out. I added some Lucas Fuel additive, and before the Lucas probably had time to work through the tank/system, the underdash alarm went on, and wouldn't go off. All guages and fluids continue to check normal. 3 days later, as I was preparing to take it out of the water to go to the dealer, it ran well with no alarms, but only a slight "miss" after about an hour. What's up.....? My dealer is about 1=2 hours away and I live on the lake so I hate taking it out.....we ski/board almost every night

Clogged injectors, knock sensor..... bad fuel.....what up?...

Should I take it in if it has a slight miss, or wait and see if a new tank of gas and the Lucas helps...?

Thanks for the insight.

Bryan

Stop putting the Lucas in. There is no liquid made that can fix a mechanical problem. Have you ever changed your cap and rotor?

Bought the boat from a dealer in November, and he went through stem to stern....and he indicated no repais necessary. So I don't know if the cap/rotor have ever been changed, but not since, November. Same for plugs, everything....I trusted the dealer to find anything at that time. I will stop adding anything to fuel, I was hesitant, but thought I might have gotten bad fuel at the marina.

Stop putting the Lucas in. There is no liquid made that can fix a mechanical problem. Have you ever changed your cap and rotor?

Try changing the fuel filter. We had a similar issue last summer while on the lake wakeboarding. Thought it was bad gas but bought a fuel filter and fixed immediately. If you pull out the old filter and see it all gummed up you will see the problem. I believe dealer recommended cleaning with 100% alcohol to get us through till we could get the filter.

Same boat same motor as mine - oh and same state.

I got it new and I've changed to fuel filter twice.

Both times cured that same problem.

It wasn't missing very bad and no one else really noticed it but me.

I also buy mostly marina gas and attribute it to that.

I plan to change it again after this season.

Edited by Brad B