Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
lewistonskier

Trailering issue

lewistonskier

My wife and I took our new to us '86 Sunsetter out for the first time this morning to drive it around and get a feel for it. When we got home, I noticed that the speedometer intake was pushed up aginst the trailer bunk. I'm worried that at some point, it could break it off. Has anyone else had this problem? What was the result/ how did you fix it? Thanks.

D-GOOSE
My wife and I took our new to us '86 Sunsetter out for the first time this morning to drive it around and get a feel for it. When we got home, I noticed that the speedometer intake was pushed up aginst the trailer bunk. I'm worried that at some point, it could break it off. Has anyone else had this problem? What was the result/ how did you fix it? Thanks.

Was the boat in the bunks? Do you have tie downs?

jgriffn

What kind of trailer do you have? Is there any way you can move the bow mount or roller back to give enough clearance?

Beau

Trailering Issue??? THIS is a TRAILERING ISSUE!

Use Tie Downs!!

2549122218_bd0e9a7d28.jpg

2549122182_c55a48a102.jpg

Sorry about the HiJack....just couldn't resist! Batman.gif

lewistonskier

Was the boat in the bunks? Do you have tie downs?

yes, and yes. I will take look at my trailer to see if I can move the rollers back.

No prob beau. I wouldn't have been able to either.

Dan P

I laugh every time I see that one.

BillFooter

You mean that's not the proper way to trailer a Bayliner?

mibarefooter
Trailering Issue??? THIS is a TRAILERING ISSUE!

Use Tie Downs!!

2549122218_bd0e9a7d28.jpg

2549122182_c55a48a102.jpg

Sorry about the HiJack....just couldn't resist! Batman.gif

Isn't that the best place for a Bayliner??? :unsure:

WAKE-RIDER-01
You mean that's not the proper way to trailer a Bayliner?

ROFL.gifROFL.gifPlus1.gif

nemalibu

Note: no stern tie downs.

pennery

Does not look like the Airbags went off on the Dodge Truck either... I haven't seen that pic before but it is a great one...

lewistonskier

Moved the roller back this afternoon, worked perfect. Thanks for the tip. I'm learning as I go with a lot of help from all of you.

99response

If you moved the roller back a decent amount, make sure you check your tongue weight. Should be 5-10% of the gross trailer weight.

-Chris

1FootDan

Do you pass your winch strap above or below the bow roller? I know that that makes a few inches difference on where your boat lies on the trailer. If the strap is above, it will lift the bow, pulling your boat a few inches further up the trailer. If the case, try putting the strap below next time?

For the Bayliner photos, the best advice is not to have tie-downs but to remeber not to drive into telephone phone poles...

EZSnow

seriously- are a couple of straps made out of (usually) rather thin nylon really going to make that much of a difference in a REAL collision? Transom straps are little more more than window-dressing at that point- the boat and trailer are going to part ways, straps or not.