Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

removing real locker Engine Guards

Stevo

Yep the '01's are a major pain in the arse Mad.gif

I've found the best way is to lift the divider out of the bottom rail and then shimmy the bottom side toward the outside of the lockers. Once the top of the divider clears the brace, pull the divider out lengthwise under the brace over the engine. You have to muscle those things around a little bit, but all they are ABS plastic so they will give quite a bit, trust me I've tried to break them!!!

Yep the '01's are a major pain in the arse Mad.gif

I've found the best way is to lift the divider out of the bottom rail and then shimmy the bottom side toward the outside of the lockers. Once the top of the divider clears the brace, pull the divider out lengthwise under the brace over the engine. You have to muscle those things around a little bit, but all they are ABS plastic so they will give quite a bit, trust me I've tried to break them!!!

thanks, i will give this a shot.

Are you talking about getting completely out of the lockers? I've found that there's only one way for them to slip right out of the lockers ... I don't remember exactly, but I think I pull mine out of the tracks, lay it down on the floor of the locker, then it can slide toward the front of the boat and then pull out of the rear of the locker, over the swim platform. It seems like I always have to screw around with them for a few minutes to get it right, though.

At least, that's the way it is on my 2001 23' ...