Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter Decals

Charlie

We removed the side "Wakesetter" decals off our boat this winter and opted to go naked since the newer factory drip molded Wakesetter decals wouldn't fit on the old style hull.

Now, I'm on a mission to figure something out regarding newer looking graphics.

Questions:

What do I use to get the wax off the area where I'm putting the new decals and does anyone have any pics of the old wakesetter hull (current V ride I believe) with newer graphics?

I may just have a decal shop produce some graphics if they have decent material that won't fade.

Always open to suggestions...

Thanks,

Charlie

We removed the side "Wakesetter" decals off our boat this winter and opted to go naked since the newer factory drip molded Wakesetter decals wouldn't fit on the old style hull.

Questions:

What do I use to get the wax off the area where I'm putting the new decals and does anyone have any pics of the old wakesetter hull (current V ride I believe) with newer graphics?

I may just have a decal shop produce some graphics if they have decent material that won't fade.

Thanks,

Charlie

I've been thinking about removing the stickers from my 99 Response but have always wondered if the gel coat would be different where the stickers were. Is there a noticeable ghost where yours were? I actually like the look of a boat without all the wild stuff. Biggrin.gif

Deke

We pulled the decals from our '00 SLXi and it wasn't too bad on the white gel coat. It was pretty noticeable on the polo green stripe though. I had the boat wet-sanded and it looked like new. Never did put the side decals back on but eventually added the silver malibu drip-molds to the transom. Everyone who sees the boat thinks it's pretty sharp looking without the side decals...

Questions:

Thanks,

Charlie

I've been thinking about removing the stickers from my 99 Response but have always wondered if the gel coat would be different where the stickers were. Is there a noticeable ghost where yours were? I actually like the look of a boat without all the wild stuff. Biggrin.gif

Deke

The stickers were on the white portion of the boat and after a polish and waxing, you can't tell they were ever there. I might leave it naked, I just like the new drip molded font so I was pondering the thought. -Charlie

rolling tribal.The red was a little faded where the original was, i buffed on it real good and the sun took care of the rest.No more ghost outline. Thumbup.gif

february2008001.jpg

• 3 years later...

Questions:

Thanks,

Charlie

Leave it naked! The older boats look great without decals.