Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sealant around fuel level sender in tank

Hey guys,

Ever since I replaced the sender in my tank I get a little gas leakage from around the rubber gasket.

It bugs me to see even a little gas coming from there so, I want to pull the sender and put some sealant around the rubber gasket but, I can't think of anything that would be gasoline proof. Also, the mounting nuts imbedded in the tank are awfully close to the open hole in the tank for the sender so I'm concerned about getting sealant in the tank accidentally also.

Any products you guys have experience with?

should not use a sealant with fuel...Try a new gasket and make sure to tighten it evenly and not over tighten...( Too tight squezzes the rubber gasket)

Plus1.gif

I had to reset the screws a couple of times on mine when i changed the sending unit, before i could get it to not leak.

just use plumers dope for gas pipe. used it on mine .a little on the threads plus both sides of gasket.2years later still good