Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding Ballast and Using Factory Switches?

WhoaNellie

I have an '08 Sunscape 23 LSV with the Power Wedge and the center ballast tank. Is there a way to add bow and rear bags and reprogram the factory switches to fill/drain the aftermarket bags? I assume the factory switches are just programmed based on what options are installed. Has anyone done this? I would like to add more weight for surfing, but also want a clean install.

-Whoa

Edited by WhoaNellie
I have an '08 Sunscape 23 LSV with the Power Wedge and the center ballast tank. Is there a way to add bow and rear bags and reprogram the factory switches to fill/drain the aftermarket bags? I assume the factory switches are just programmed based on what options are installed. Has anyone done this? I would like to add more weight for surfing, but also want a clean install.

-Whoa

great question.

a couple of things come to mind, i assume there are 2 wires on the existing fill pump for the factory ballast that you could just tie into and just watch the overflows until you have water coming out all of the overflows tied into that existing fill pump. Turn on fill right rear ballast and it would turn on the factory pump as well as your new pump, drain the same way.

the other, slower way would be to "T" off the existing fill line into the new bag.

great question.

a couple of things come to mind, i assume there are 2 wires on the existing fill pump for the factory ballast that you could just tie into and just watch the overflows until you have water coming out all of the overflows tied into that existing fill pump. Turn on fill right rear ballast and it would turn on the factory pump as well as your new pump, drain the same way.

the other, slower way would be to "T" off the existing fill line into the new bag.

I guess I should have been more specific. Currently, when I toggle through the switch options, the only MLS option that I have is the "MLS Center" since the center tank was installed at the factory. I would like to reprogram the switches so that I can also see the "MLS Rear Left" (Might be called something else), "MLS Rear Right" and "MLS Bow" as the Wakesetter shows if so equipped.

Someone (Larrys ???) posted the document that outlines how to program the multi-plexed switches. I would assume you can connect new pumps to the breaker and go through that process to have control of them.

Someone (Larrys ???) posted the document that outlines how to program the multi-plexed switches. I would assume you can connect new pumps to the breaker and go through that process to have control of them.

Thank you very much!! That's exactly what I was looking for.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....c=13183&hl=

-Whoa