Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'08 VLX Cruise Control

chrisallenhogs

I forget most of the time to set the speed control after starting back up. How do you while riding get the cruise to turn on? I press and hold the red button but it does not work. What is the quick way to get it to turn on once you are riding?

I forget most of the time to set the speed control after starting back up. How do you while riding get the cruise to turn on? I press and hold the red button but it does not work. What is the quick way to get it to turn on once you are riding?

Signal your rider and drop the speed until it engages, usually around 10 mph give or take. It's somewhat a PITA but it is easier than stopping and going around to pick up the rider and starting over.

If you forget to engage the system after pulling the rider up you need to decelerate to 6MPH below the set speed before the system will engage (or raise the set speed to 6MPH above the current speed and immediately decrease it as soon as the system takes over control).

You may want to set the cruise system to default to on when the ignition is cycled, as you can always turn it off while running at speed. That option can be found under the settings screen on the MFD.

If you forget to engage the system after pulling the rider up you need to decelerate to 6MPH below the set speed before the system will engage (or raise the set speed to 6MPH above the current speed and immediately decrease it as soon as the system takes over control).

You may want to set the cruise system to default to on when the ignition is cycled, as you can always turn it off while running at speed. That option can be found under the settings screen on the MFD.

This is perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. I can't ever seem to remember b/c our old boat didn't have it. If it engages automatically when turning the boat on it seems like that would work well for us.

• 1 month later...