Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

busted steering

hi,

I have a seized steering cable and it has caused me to break the steering helm. I am replacing the helm with the Morse Heavy Duty Helm - D0290 and the cable that is seized has an old code on it that doesn't relate to the new codes. the cable reads: morse 304411-2041N 7200. I did a very ruff measure without taking it out and it measured 4 meters. could you please inform me what cable I need to order.

thanks,

matt. :)

hi,

I have a seized steering cable and it has caused me to break the steering helm. I am replacing the helm with the Morse Heavy Duty Helm - D0290 and the cable that is seized has an old code on it that doesn't relate to the new codes. the cable reads: morse 304411-2041N 7200. I did a very ruff measure without taking it out and it measured 4 meters. could you please inform me what cable I need to order.

thanks,

Here is a link to measure how long your cable needs to be, best way to do it, although you'll need a good measurment with the cable out of the boat. LINK

FWIW I just put a 19' cable in my 01 Sunsetter VLX, but that is a rack & pinion style versus a rotary helm.

-Chris

hi,

thanks,

Here is a link to measure how long your cable needs to be, best way to do it, although you'll need a good measurment with the cable out of the boat. LINK

FWIW I just put a 19' cable in my 01 Sunsetter VLX, but that is a rack & pinion style versus a rotary helm.

-Chris

thanks, i've just been told that the 2041n is 204in representing 204 inches wich means i need a 17 foot cable.

thanks heaps,

matt Thumbup.gif