Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Instructional DVD

tj_in_kc

eh, so there is another post on here, not to bring up stuff in that one....but he makes a good point about something.

Why does Malibu have a neat promotional DVD, a neat wakeboarding video etc, but a limited users guide/ owners manual?

Wouldn't it be great to have a DVD or something that walks the new owner through all that stuff the dealer went over the first day you put it on the water and were too excited to really be paying attention? I have seen a glimse of the idea so i know they must have had the thought before b/c i can search youtube.com and find some neat instructional videos for the new Malibu owner, but there are only 2 of them i think.

Things like:

-->How the cruise control works (is controlled)

-->How the wedge works (is controlled)

-->How to get info from the computer screens.

-->How to adjust the tension springs for the tower.

-->How to install an iPod controller

-->How to install tower speakers

-->How to change the oil

-->How to launch/load the boat

-->How to put up the bimini

-->How to pull a wakeboarder (best practices, speeds etc)

-->ditto for surfing

Now those last few are for my wife....haha

eh, so there is another post on here, not to bring up stuff in that one....but he makes a good point about something.

Why does Malibu have a neat promotional DVD, a neat wakeboarding video etc, but a limited users guide/ owners manual?

Wouldn't it be great to have a DVD or something that walks the new owner through all that stuff the dealer went over the first day you put it on the water and were too excited to really be paying attention? I have seen a glimse of the idea so i know they must have had the thought before b/c i can search youtube.com and find some neat instructional videos for the new Malibu owner, but there are only 2 of them i think.

Things like:

-->How the cruise control works (is controlled)

-->How the wedge works (is controlled)

-->How to get info from the computer screens.

-->How to adjust the tension springs for the tower.

-->How to install an iPod controller

-->How to install tower speakers

-->How to change the oil

-->How to launch/load the boat

-->How to put up the bimini

-->How to pull a wakeboarder (best practices, speeds etc)

-->ditto for surfing

Now those last few are for my wife....haha

some of that stuff yes, they should include the manual on. The other stuff takes money out of the dealerships and thats not good for anyone.

My new washing machine came with an instructional DVD. I took a few minutes and popped it in the DVD player, actually learned a few things. Who would have thought to button and zip your blue jeans before washing. I have to admit I would have never read the owners manual.

Now I just need to read my Malibu's owners manual so I can figure out how to set my dash. Never seem to remember to do that before I'm on the lake.

Most of that should be done by the dealer. When you buy the boat, the first outing should be with your salesman. He / she can then go over 90% of the above items. My dealer offered but I turned them down so he showed me all the basics in the shop before I took delivery.

Most of that should be done by the dealer. When you buy the boat, the first outing should be with your salesman. He / she can then go over 90% of the above items. My dealer offered but I turned them down so he showed me all the basics in the shop before I took delivery.
Wouldn't it be great to have a DVD or something that walks the new owner through all that stuff the dealer went over the first day you put it on the water and were too excited to really be paying attention?

My dealer was too busy being buddy-buddy to show me most of the stuff. I figured it out my self. Guess he figured done deal might as well get some rays while I'm out here. Needless to say I never did business with the dealership again.