Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Approx battery life

I have two Optima batteries that were purchased 1.5 years ago. I make sure i put them on the charger for a couple of days as soon as I get off the lake. My boat has not sat for longer than four weeks.

How long do some of your similar setups last?

I see you are in AZ. Optima's hate heat, I've had some last years and some die in less than a year. Get them from costco so when they do die you can exchange them easily.

Thanks. I did pick them up from Costco. Do I get a super return there? Prorated I am guessing.

I'm heading to Powell in about a week and want to make sure they are solid.

I put a starting Blue top Optima in my boat in sept 2003. I replaced it with a deep cycle Optima spring 2004 and put the starting one in my 66 Chevelle which sits with no charger at all, I MAYBE start it once a year and it has to crank for a bit to get the fuel flowing. The last time I went to check on it in March I think, it started right up. I've had a deep cycle yellow top in my daily driver for around four years now.

Thanks. I did pick them up from Costco. Do I get a super return there? Prorated I am guessing.

I'm heading to Powell in about a week and want to make sure they are solid.

Most costco will give you free replacement for the 18months on the optimas, some will only pro-rate.