Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Prop for my boat?

Basically kids and myself wakeboard and kneeboard. Occassionally pull tube. I also want to get back into slalom in the near future so I need to take that into consideration.

So, what do you guys feel would be the best prop for the boat?

94 Euro F3

260 hp

Thanks,

AF1

I put a 13x12 Acme on my 88 Skier and had excellent results, (240 hp PCM Ford). RPMs stayed the same, top speed the same, hole shot much improved, no vibration and less bow rise.

When ordering do I have to specify pitch, rotation, etc?? I do not know the answers to these questions..

AF1

I am running a 4 blade now. It came with the boat. I noticed the props you mentioned were 3 blade. Should I go with a 3 blade instead of 4? No ballast, kids and adults wakeboarding. Will it affect the wake at all?

AF1

• 4 months later...
Should I go with a 3 blade?

AF1

Yes

Sorry to bother you guys with this again, but I am adding about 800lbs ballast to the boat (400 under rear seat, 200 in ski locker and 200 in bow) Trying to get a better wake for boarding. We (my kids and I) are getting into wakesurfing as well. My thoughts are to keep the weight distributed evenly as mentioned above while wakeboarding and then when we wakesurf move the 400 lbs from the ski locker and bow to the rear of the boat for larger surfing wave. I plan on using the led bags from Pop Products instead of fat sacs so I don't compromise room for everyone in the boat. Now, to my question. Earlier in the post it was recommended that I go with either an ACME 515 or ACME 525 which are both 3 blade. Should I consider going with a 4 blade now that I am adding weight? If I do go with a 4 blade should I stay with the same size and pitch? The ACME 231 looks about as close as I can come to the 515 or 525 on length and pitch if I go with a 4 blade. Your advise and input would be greatly appreciated!!

PS: Will not be slalom behind the boat, specifically wakeboard and wakesurf. Thanks

AF1

Edited by Air Force 1

AF1

Yes

Sorry to bother you guys with this again, but I am adding about 800lbs ballast to the boat (400 under rear seat, 200 in ski locker and 200 in bow) Trying to get a better wake for boarding. We (my kids and I) are getting into wakesurfing as well. My thoughts are to keep the weight distributed evenly as mentioned above while wakeboarding and then when we wakesurf move the 400 lbs from the ski locker and bow to the rear of the boat for larger surfing wave. I plan on using the led bags from Pop Products instead of fat sacs so I don't compromise room for everyone in the boat. Now, to my question. Earlier in the post it was recommended that I go with either an ACME 515 or ACME 525 which are both 3 blade. Should I consider going with a 4 blade now that I am adding weight? If I do go with a 4 blade should I stay with the same size and pitch? The ACME 231 looks about as close as I can come to the 515 or 525 on length and pitch if I go with a 4 blade. Your advise and input would be greatly appreciated!!

PS: Will not be slalom behind the boat, specifically wakeboard and wakesurf. Thanks

AF1

Get the Acme 525 it'll get that boat out of the hole w/ the added weight, that's what I ran on my SLXI.

AF1

Yes

AF1

Get the Acme 525 it'll get that boat out of the hole w/ the added weight, that's what I ran on my SLXI.

Thanks again.....

John