Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Model line-up...

1FootDan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 88Skier

• UWSkier

• SunriseH2OSkier

• chrisallenhogs

there was a comment about smaller boats a few posts back....I totally agree. weren't the larger Bu's (like the 247's) not really selling anyway? I thought last year the 20' VTX was the best selling Bu?! it makes sense....people want quality, but they don't necessarily need a whale. the trend is certainly set in the auto industry. look at the sales of the big fuel vehicles (down nearly 30% across the board, last month)!

take the VTX, trim it down another 8" to 10" (with a 7-8 person capacity) and lower the dry weight to around 2700. keep the tower, wedge and other features. drop a high tech 6 banger with +/- 275 hp and it would sell like crazy. it would be a great boat for those just getting started and for those who only go out with 4-5 people.

there was a comment about smaller boats a few posts back....I totally agree. weren't the larger Bu's (like the 247's) not really selling anyway? I thought last year the 20' VTX was the best selling Bu?! it makes sense....people want quality, but they don't necessarily need a whale. the trend is certainly set in the auto industry. look at the sales of the big fuel vehicles (down nearly 30% across the board, last month)!

take the VTX, trim it down another 8" to 10" (with a 7-8 person capacity) and lower the dry weight to around 2700. keep the tower, wedge and other features. drop a high tech 6 banger with +/- 275 hp and it would sell like crazy. it would be a great boat for those just getting started and for those who only go out with 4-5 people.

I'd like to see Malibu update the Vride with a new hull and offer all the latest goodies (ballast monitoring, rider presets, 4th bow ballast tank, etc.). I just purchased an '08 Vride and optioned it out with almost all the options available (at least the ones I felt I would use or make the boat look nice--which was most of them). I picked the Vride not so much because of the price point, but for the size. I like the 94" beam. We have a cabin on a lake with a dock and lift. I don't need a big boat to spend the day on it. Most of our trips on the lake are 20 or 30 minute pulls. I love the "look" and options of the VLX--just not the size. When I purchased the boat this year, I was disappointed that I was unable to get all the latest options on the boat--I would have paid for it (I guess Malibu didn't want my money???).

I seriously considered the VTX, but its 98" beam concerned me for fitting in our garage out at the cabin and just looked a little too stubby. The 98" beam was the main concern. We just built a 30' x 30' garage out there, but it has dual 9'x8' doors. The true opening is 104" wide and I wasn't certain the VTX trailer would fit. It's a pretty dang tight fit with the Vride when backing it in.

Anyway, my point being... The boat size was the determining factor for me. I would have purchased a premium version of the Vride had it been offered. My dream boat would be the Vride size with the V25 wake hull or another modern wake hull, a bow ballast tank, and all the bling of the VLX. Of course, I made my purchase--it'll be 10 to 15 years before I'll be in the market again. I'm not sure how may people have the same desire as I do?

Edited by Cory

Back to the topic of model line up. The Response LX will be available.

And all I can say is.........Oh man.......the new VLX is SICK! Once again Malibu has put even more distance between them and the competition. Just some awesome styling and I think will look even better in the water.

FYI, majority of the price increase is driven because of the vendors raising their prices.

I hope this doesn't spill too many beans for what Malibu wants released.......Nice work Malibu!

What kind of production decrease has the industry seen? Gas prices have got to have a negative effect on production.

We are all "into" high performance watersports and can justify (for lack of a better term) the expenses that go along with it. 2 years ago when gas was 50% of what it is now, a lot more families were looking to either get into watersports or move into an inboard. I can sure see now that people with less fun $$$ add up the cost and start looking at other options to spend their $$$ on. Plus the fact that boat prices have gone out the flippin roof... 80k for a toy that will get used for 6 months of the year? Cry.gif If I were looking to get into a 2-3 year old boat now like I did several years ago, there is no way I could.