Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Model line-up...

1FootDan

Sorry guys, could youplease start another post to discuss gas prices, this one is about the 2009 line-up. RTFM.gif

Cry.gifBaby.gif:)

Nobody really knows anything or if they do, they ain't talkin. The factory switches over next week. We should know what's coming very soon.

Yeah, come on. It's not like you started the thread or anything! Oh, wait, never mind. . .

Hey! Did you all see that the 2009 Malibu site is LIVE???

Looks like '08 to me... this happens every year though. Some people see the new site while others see the old. Dontknow.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 88Skier

• UWSkier

• SunriseH2OSkier

• chrisallenhogs

Sorry guys, could youplease start another post to discuss gas prices, this one is about the 2009 line-up. RTFM.gif

Cry.gifBaby.gif:)

Nobody really knows anything or if they do, they ain't talkin. The factory switches over next week. We should know what's coming very soon.

Yeah, come on. It's not like you started the thread or anything! Oh, wait, never mind. . .

Hey! Did you all see that the 2009 Malibu site is LIVE???

I only get the 08. What are they offering for ski boats?

Well, when you see Jack, tell him I heard the Hammerhead is now standard on the 09 Response Lxi and that they're offering $20k rebates if you buy by July 1.

Jason, you truly are a killjoy. I was laughing out loud at these guys wondering how long it could go on!

troll: ". . .while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it."

Well, when you see Jack, tell him I heard the Hammerhead is now standard on the 09 Response Lxi and that they're offering $20k rebates if you buy by July 1.

Ouch. You really know where to hit a guy were it hurts, eh Bruce?

Jason, you truly are a killjoy. I was laughing out loud at these guys wondering how long it could go on!

troll: ". . .while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it."

My comedic whit isn't nearly quick enough to to have the realization that you're messing with us, and be able to get in on it.

I just checked again though, and it does appear as though the '09 site is up sporadically if you use the IP address to ping their server directly. Hopefully it will be up publicly in the next few days.

Jack, I figured that would get your attention.

Skicrave, is the Response in the line up, or has the ski series been reduced to just the RLXi?

It's still the '08 site, both through the domain name and the IP address and. I'm guessing Jack was messing with us.

Here's a little detail on the '09 VLX on WakeORIGIN.com.

Fingerwag.gif Watch out, posting those links here is contributing to espionage against the factory....

It's still the '08 site, both through the domain name and the IP address and. I'm guessing Jack was messing with us.

Here's a little detail on the '09 VLX on WakeORIGIN.com.

Fingerwag.gif Watch out, posting those links here is contributing to espionage against the factory....

Yeah, careful! I got a finger wag for posting a link yesterday... and my link was intentionally broken, requiring some manipulation to get it working.

Edited by UWSkier

From Wikipedia;

Espionage or spying involves an individual obtaining (i.e., using human intelligence HUMINT methods) information that is considered secret or confidential without the permission of the holder of the information.

Call it what you want, the pictures were not for public view. We're working to make this a non-issue.

And I don't believe that going form $2.50 gas to $4.00 gas has that much effect on the economy. It is so media driven and that is what is scaring people away. I can't turn on the TV without hearing the doom and gloom and yet our economy is still growing, unemployment is still low, and worker productivity is up.

No offense, but I think you are a bit naive to think the $4 gas doesn't have much effect on the economy. Is it doom and gloom reported by the press? Maybe. But perception is reality. And when that perception is held by would be consumers, that is bad news for luxury items like boats. Remember - this site tends to be made up of a relatively affluent population that may not be as impacted by the economic conditions as others. Doesn't mean the economy isn't hurting.

Also for alot of people having a boat means having a nice big truck that can tow the boat, and it is a one two punch in fuel cost.

-Chris

I'll give you the double up effect on the truck too. I just see the high end wake/ski boat industry as thriving. Our dealers here in NWA turn boats like its going out of style. Maybe I'm too young an niave but I think the economy is ok, thats all I was trying to get at. I'm only 26 so the last recession I was in college (tech bubble), and the one before that I guess I really didn't care. I have a stay at home wife with with a daughter, two paid off cars, 1/2 a paid off boat, and half a paid off house. $4 gas shouldn't effect me to much because I can afford my toys. The single mom who $4 gas is effecting isn't going to be buying a new boat or truck anyways. Hope I didn't come off as bragging there just trying to explain why I think the high end ski/wake boat industry is going to be fine. I'm the target customer, not the person struggling right now. That '09 VLX looks pretty good from what I've seen, anyone have any idea on the sticker?

Edited by chrisallenhogs
And I don't believe that going form $2.50 gas to $4.00 gas has that much effect on the economy. It is so media driven and that is what is scaring people away. I can't turn on the TV without hearing the doom and gloom and yet our economy is still growing, unemployment is still low, and worker productivity is up.

No offense, but I think you are a bit naive to think the $4 gas doesn't have much effect on the economy. Is it doom and gloom reported by the press? Maybe. But perception is reality. And when that perception is held by would be consumers, that is bad news for luxury items like boats. Remember - this site tends to be made up of a relatively affluent population that may not be as impacted by the economic conditions as others. Doesn't mean the economy isn't hurting.

Also for alot of people having a boat means having a nice big truck that can tow the boat, and it is a one two punch in fuel cost.

-Chris

I'll give you the double up effect on the truck too. I just see the high end wake/ski boat industry as thriving. Our dealers here in NWA turn boats like its going out of style. Maybe I'm too young an niave but I think the economy is ok, thats all I was trying to get at. I'm only 26 so the last recession I was in college (tech bubble), and the one before that I guess I really didn't care. I have a stay at home wife with with a daughter, two paid off cars, 1/2 a paid off boat, and half a paid off house. $4 gas shouldn't effect me to much because I can afford my toys. The single mom who $4 gas is effecting isn't going to be buying a new boat or truck anyways. Hope I didn't come off as bragging there just trying to explain why I think the high end ski/wake boat industry is going to be fine. I'm the target customer, not the person struggling right now. That '09 VLX looks pretty good from what I've seen, anyone have any idea on the sticker?

Just try to live that lifestyle w/ a 3bd house that runs 600-800k. Congrats on a great situtation you've got.

Just try to live that lifestyle w/ a 3bd house that runs 600-800k. Congrats on a great situtation you've got.

I will give you that for sure. I live in a 3 bdr 1500 sq ft house that runs about 150,000. Friends ask me why I live in a small house and have a nice boat. I tell them why do you live in the giant house and have no fun and one giant mortgage.

Guys,

The images aren't for public view, as Ronnie stated we are working on it. The other sites have been asked to remove them as well.

They're out there now, there's not much you can do about it. I don't really see the big deal.

Anyway, it looks like all the research and development that went into the corvette hull was used on the VLX. The little side indentation looks nice. I also like the rounded dash instrumentation. That squared off one was UGLY....

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

Says the man with two boats... Tease2.gif

:)

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier

this whole photo issue seems really silly to me. look at the automotive industry, "spy photos" are everywhere. it's just part of the game. malibu leaked these photos one way or another. that's their problem and it should not be the responsibility of this website or any other to cover up for malibu's mistakes. it's not like these are proprietary cad files or anything that would really be detrimental to malibu's future. these are simple photos of a boat that will be public in a matter of weeks. going back to the automotive industry, spy photos are out sometimes a full year before a car's release. malibu's photos came out a couple weeks early... they really need to suck it up and quit whining about it. next year they'll know to be more careful with whom they share photos.

Just doing my part to help your stock...lol I'm not totally on the darkside just caught between two worlds w/ one shrinking wallet. :) Oh to top that I've got property tax on both boats. Mad.gif

Just doing my part to help your stock...lol I'm not totally on the darkside just caught between two worlds w/ one shrinking wallet. :) Oh to top that I've got property tax on both boats. Mad.gif

Even if you don't register it?

Even if you don't register it?

Yes but that is how they find out, the DMV sends the info the assessor. They send a questionnaire every year to verify I still have it on the premises.

You guys are worse than Maine, and we're one of the highest taxed peoples in the US. We call it excise tax, but you only pay it when you register. If you don't register, you don't have to pay.

You guys are worse than Maine, and we're one of the highest taxed peoples in the US. We call it excise tax, but you only pay it when you register. If you don't register, you don't have to pay.

If you don't keep your registration currant, the next time you or someone else renews it bring cash because you'll need it to pay for all years unregistered with added late charges then possible back taxes if you didn't pay and more late fees. It's the California way I guess. They like to leave you with your arse smoking.

this whole photo issue seems really silly to me. look at the automotive industry, "spy photos" are everywhere. it's just part of the game. malibu leaked these photos one way or another. that's their problem and it should not be the responsibility of this website or any other to cover up for malibu's mistakes. it's not like these are proprietary cad files or anything that would really be detrimental to malibu's future. these are simple photos of a boat that will be public in a matter of weeks. going back to the automotive industry, spy photos are out sometimes a full year before a car's release. malibu's photos came out a couple weeks early... they really need to suck it up and quit whining about it. next year they'll know to be more careful with whom they share photos.

One key difference in this case - most of the spy photos you see in magazines are of a heavily camouflaged vehicle, and exist because we have to take the vehicles out into the public in order to test. These photos are from inside their doors, no camo. If photos like that leak out from GM, someone gets fired. And it doesn't really matter how close it might be to the public unveiling - the organization generally has some big buildup planned, and leaks sort of 'let the air out of the balloon' (pun intended). In fact, auto manufacturers frequently show new vehicles to the magazines several months in advance of the unveiling - and impose a moratorium on releasing the photos until a certain date. If a magazine decides to release early, guess who doesn't get invited to future releases , thereby cutting their own throat?

That said, there is something to be said for the buzz you get when these kind of photos get out there. But it should be the choice of the manufacturer to do so, not someone who is operating in rogue fashion.