Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Model line-up...

1FootDan

I've seen VEC posted some 2009 model pics. I was wondering if anybody has confirmation of what the 2009 Malibu line-up is? Has the Response LX been replaced or is the Response LXi the only remaining 3-event boat? Dontknow.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 88Skier

• UWSkier

• SunriseH2OSkier

• chrisallenhogs

I thought I heard last year they were going to continue making the RLX in it's current form for years to come due to lakes with the length restrictions.

The VLX pictures are still out there... :)

Please don't post unreleased factory pictures of next years boat models on this forum. They will be deleted.

This site will not help contribute to espionage against the factory's future.

This will be your first warning as described in the TOU.

Please don't post unreleased factory pictures of next years boat models on this forum. They will be deleted.

Lame.gif .....

Again, I apologize if I upset some people, but I was told that "there is nothing secret about these".

I took down the pics from the host too now.

You will all se the stuff soon anyway.

This week is the last week the build the ´08s in the factory. Next week all will be switched to build the new 2009 stuff. (I don´t think this is secret.)

Go Malibu! 2009 looks to be a good year.

Rock on! Rockon.gif

Again, I apologize if I upset some people, but I was told that "there is nothing secret about these".

This week is the last week the build the ´08s in the factory. Next week all will be switched to build the new 2009 stuff. (I don´t think this is secret.)

Rock on! Rockon.gif

THATS JUST GREAT! I would have ordered an 09 Vride had I known it was this close to the model year change! Cry.gif

Rock on! Rockon.gif

THATS JUST GREAT! I would have ordered an 09 Vride had I known it was this close to the model year change! Cry.gif

2thdoc01,

Try not to feel too bad. Just because the new model year is starting production it doesn't mean that the 09 Vride will change from the 08 Vride. In fact, odds are that other than cosmetics and price the Vride will remain relatively unchanged on 09. The only major change that I think we are all certain of is the VLX / 21LSV. Also, you likely wouldn't have had your 09 until late July.

Hang in there!

Matt

+2 Lame.gif

Edited by Broke Amigo

The biggest change that I have herd was 10% price incress across the board. Whistling.gif I guess malibu has been trying to absorb all the rising costs but cant do it any longer.

The cost of these boats are getting out of hand. My 05 VLX was less than $60k fully loaded brand-new. The 08's are $80-85k-ish with the same package? Man, that's some price inflation. I understand Mastercrafts are still more expensive and demand is high, but Malibu is starting to price people right out of upgrading or buying new in the first place. I was going to look at the 09's, but I think my '05 will be good for quite a while now, especially since the job front isn't all that stable anymore... Cry.gif

Malibu has priced themselves right up there with Correct Craft. They are no longer the great value they once were. Hard to imagine they're selling a lot of boats in this economy.

Malibu has priced themselves right up there with Correct Craft. They are no longer the great value they once were. Hard to imagine they're selling a lot of boats in this economy.

Plus1.gif

The biggest change that I have herd was 10% price incress across the board. Whistling.gif I guess malibu has been trying to absorb all the rising costs but cant do it any longer.

Makes me wonder if I should have kept the price higher on my 05 before selling it??

Guys,

You can think that it's lame to pull those pics if you want, but this was done at Malibu's request & if we want to stay on good terms then it's in our best interest to do what they ask. As far as the pics go, I can see what I can do since apparently they're out there. But we're going to do as they ask for now.

I think the "espionage" comment is what is being reffered to as lame.

Has Malibu ever asked for content on discussions to be deleted?

You have to wonder what effect the current/future economy is going to have on pricing. . .

You have to wonder what effect the current/future economy is going to have on pricing. . .

I have no first hand experience as I bought the last new boat I'll ever buy in 2003, but I bet the spread between the retail price and the actual selling price will widen. Maybe they will bring back a smaller, lower priced boat.

Same thing as happening in the auto industry - thinning of the herd. Fuel prices alone are going to cause massive reductions in sales. Combined with the overall weak economy, even less people will be interested in taking on the debt of a new boat. As a result, there will be a rather dramatic capacity glut in the industry. Manufacturers will be forced to reduce prices in an attempt to capture as big a slice as they can from a significantly shrinking pie. Some will not be able to compete on price, and will decide that they need to reduce capacity to minimize their overhead. Others, generally smaller companies, may or may not be able to compete on price, but can't maintain enough margin on the even smaller volume (and probably lower option content), and will just plain cease to exist.

In the end, consumers will have fewer choices of manufacturers, and the capacity of those manufacturers that remain will have been reduced to match demand. This will cause prices to rise again. Eventually the economy will turn around, and more people will consider taking on that debt of a new boat. My bet is that the high fuel prices are here to stay and will keep many (most?) of them from following through.

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier