Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower speakers

G_Anders

I purchased some Kicker speakers awhile back and just got to mounting them to the towe (Illusions). I pulled the wires and hooked them up but I get no sound. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I thought buy connecting the wires from the tower to the speakers they would work right away. I never got a manual for the boat so I cant reference anything

You might want to do two things:

1. Move this post to the stereo forum since that's where you'll get your answers to questions regarding the stereo.

2. Figure out where the other end of those speaker wires you connected to are going. If you just connected to the end that sticks out of the tower at the speaker mounting locations and didn't install an amp, then that's why you're getting no sound. The other end of those speaker wires are just dangling at the bottom of the Illusion tower mount in the gunnels. If you reach up under there you will feel them, or you may have to fold the tower down to get to them. You will then need to hook up an amp and connect the speaker wires to the amp to get sound to the tower. Hooking up the amp is a whole different how-to that I'm sure you can find in the stereo forum.

Good luck.

Are they black and red wires if they are they are power wires for the lights

mine were silver and clear for the speaker wire and were tucked up in the tower not connected to anything