Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mounting Titan Lowrider Racks

Ache For Wake

I just put a Titan Series I on my 2000 LSV and I ordered Titan Lowrider board racks with lift-offs. The problem is that because the rear hoop of the tower leans forward slightly (about 15 to 20 degrees) if I mount the racks perpendicular to the leg the boards will lean forward, and if I rotate the rack to the next hole on the clamp (which is a 45 degree rotation) then the boards will lean too far back. I wish there was another set of mounting holes inbetween! Anyone have any suggestions or run into this same issue? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Mounting the racks perpendicular to the tower will pose absolutely no problems from a functional standpoint. You shouldn't have quite that much lean in your rear hoop though, who installed the tower?

skicrave, thanks for responding, I was hoping you would. I installed the tower and it may not quite be 15 degrees now that I look at it again. I assembled it on the ground first and made sure that the ajoining plates at the top were parallel. The legs of the rear hoop are about 8 inches behind the windshield which from other boats I've seen, seems pretty typical. Anyway, I know the racks will work fine at an angle, I was just hoping to make them look a little better by having the boards more horizontal. I don't know, maybe having an angle on the boards in normal but on most of the boats I've seen the racks are pretty horizontal when the boat is at idle. Dontknow.gif I guess I just expected them to be fully adjustable and I wanted to get some opinions before I started thinking about tapping new holes or something like that. I do think the quality is top notch on both the tower and the racks though, better than most that I've ever seen! I'm super stoked that I bought a Titan! Thumbup.gif Thanks for any help you can offer.

I understand where you're coming from on the aesthetics. Unfortunately we haven't been able to design a clamp that will work with all of our existing products, allow indexing at multiple, and still meet our own requirements for strength.

Of course you're welcome to drill and tap the backing plate if you choose, but obviously that would violate any warranty we offer on the product.

Do me a favor and measure the distance from the front mounts to the rear mounts on your boat when you have a chance.

Thanks for your feedback regarding your install experience, it's great to have information from out customers to help us understand what issues they are encountering. I'll forward this to our engineering team so they can make use of it in future clamp designs.

I just put a Titan Series I on my 2000 LSV and I ordered Titan Lowrider board racks with lift-offs. The problem is that because the rear hoop of the tower leans forward slightly (about 15 to 20 degrees) if I mount the racks perpendicular to the leg the boards will lean forward, and if I rotate the rack to the next hole on the clamp (which is a 45 degree rotation) then the boards will lean too far back. I wish there was another set of mounting holes inbetween! Anyone have any suggestions or run into this same issue? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

I agree! I experienced similar frustration when I tried to add a third Lowrider rack on my Series II tower. The existing racks (1 on each side) were installed approximately 3" inches from the top of the rear hoop per the original instructions and are perfectly level. However, due to the Series II rear hoop curvature I could not get the new rack to sit parallel to the existing rack above it, no matter what height on the rear leg I tried. I kept looking at the pre-drilled mounting holes on the backing plate, scratching my head while trying to imagine a scenario where they would be of any use. (Moving the backing plate just 1 hole made the rack uneven in the opposite direction.) After numerous attempts over the course of 2 days, and a call to Titan customer service (They were very nice, but offered littlle advice except to say 'It can be done. I've seen it.'), I gave up.

Hey John, thanks for your feedback. I'll be collecting all of the discussions I can find on this topic to forward to our engineering department for analysis.