Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No ECM signal warning?

Had this pop up on my screen 2 times this week. All gauges and needles go dead. All dash is locked up no buttons work. Boat continued to run properly just can't use cruise, read speed,rpm,temp,lake temp, engine hours,ETC. All read 0. This happened after boat was running and all things were normal. After shutting off and restarting, all went back to normal. Any Ideas? I love this boat but it sure is giving me some issues this year.

On an 06 it is actually a square connector that goes into the ECM should on the starboard side of the motor. Probably has about a dozen wires going into/out of it. It is farily easy to find because the wires go into the stringer up to dash. So just find the bundle of wires sticking out of the stringer and follow to the connection. Also check the connections at the MMDC under the dash (black box).

-Chris

Engine Control Module - the engine computer, mounted above the transmission (probably behind a metal shroud)

Mini Multiple Data Collector (I kinda made that one up) - the computer under the dash that runs the gauge cluster

-Chris