Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

CWB Ride Opinions?

live2ski423

Does anyone have any opinions on the CWB Ride? I'm a 'big boy' 225#, and a beginner. Our boat is an '07 VTX, and it 'looks' like we've got the wake dialed in pretty good. I have not found too much on the CWB board, but have found what appears to be a great deal ($165, pre-owned but said never used, and looks like it hasn't). Is this a decent board to learn on? Or would I be better off parting with a bit more cabbage for a different board?

Thanks for your input!

Edited by live2ski423

We bought a CWB Ride this year as well. We also have a 2007 VTX. THe ride has been great so far. I was able to go ropeless the first day on it. I also am around 225#. We still need to play with wedge settings and speed etc but it has been good so far.

Of all of the big-production boards out there, that's one of the best for big boys. It spins easily (loose ride) but has a lot of flotation, so big boys can get away with more on that board than they can on something like a Broadcast. At $165, that's a great deal. Don't feel bad about jumping on it.

We bought a CWB Ride this year as well. We also have a 2007 VTX. THe ride has been great so far. I was able to go ropeless the first day on it. I also am around 225#. We still need to play with wedge settings and speed etc but it has been good so far.

How'd you have the ballast set up?

Thanks to both - looks like I'll be buying the board right now!

Edited by live2ski423

How'd you have the ballast set up?

Thanks to both - looks like I'll be buying the board right now!

Fill your MLS

CENTER FULL

PORT FULL

+1 ADDITINAL 400LB In the Port Locker

Starbord 3/4 - to 1/2

For a Huge Surfing Wake throw another 400lb sack on the Port side bench seat, by the Tower

http://www.ssimpson.com/steve/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=6973

http://www.ssimpson.com/steve/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=4271

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We have been on the water all day. I have my centre tank full, port full, and starboard about half. We put the wedge at the 10:00 position and then have everyone sit on the port side. Speed is around 9.4 mph. It seems as we change the amount of people we need to tweak the wedge and speed a little up or down.