Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Important Information for ALL 2007 and 2008 Model 8.1L Owners

There has been an ECM calibration update for ALL 2007 and 2008 model Malibu/Indmar 8.1L engines. Please contact your dealer and have the calibration update completed as soon as possible. Registered owners should be getting a letter in the mail regarding this issue. Failure to have the calibration update completed could result in poor engine performance and in some cases catestrophic engine failure.

We are very sorry for this problem. We know it may be a major inconvenience but the recalibration only takes a little time and will help ensure a trouble-free boating season.

Engine Nut

Larry Engelbert

Director of Customer Service

Indmar Marine Engines

When was this info made aware to the dealers?

I just had my boat in the dealership last week and there was no mention of

an upgrade for the ECM.

Cheers

This is pretty new. The bulletin was posted to the Malibu dealers on their website late last week. I am sure they were not aware of it when your boat was there.

Larry

When was this info made aware to the dealers?

I just had my boat in the dealership last week and there was no mention of

an upgrade for the ECM.

Cheers

No. This recalibration is required for 2007 and 2008 models only. They have a completely different ECM than your engine has.

my 2006 8.1L was re-calibrated late in summer of 06. Should I be concerned. I have 180 hours on it.

what is the old software doing wrong? I hate to have my 08 8.1 changed, it is the best running 8.1 i have rode in. no big block flare. gets on plane in 2.1 seconds with 900 lbs over factory ballast. uses less fuel then all the small blocks on the lake . at 23.4mph we only have to use about 1 inch of throtle.