Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Malibu.

Shawn266

Bought an 06 wakesetter XTI Today has around 50 hours on it... Any tips?

Congratulations! Funny I should see your comment first time I visit this site. I went and looked at a 06 Wakesetter XTI just a few hours ago. It has about the same hours and is decked out. The owner wants an 08 LSV so he is going to give me a great deal. Now I am just thinking about it and will see if I can get financing tomorrow.

Under no circumstances should you drive it on hard clay, the hull isn't designed for that and the manual says nothing.

Congratulations! Have fun and practice your driving and slow speed handling if this is your first inboard! 23 or 21 foot? And yes, pics would be great!

My Tip is become a Suppoting Member! :werule:

Congrats on the new boat!

Edited by srintx
MalibuNation

Could I be the 1st person to actually give serious advice????????????????

Have fun

Watch your drinking (figure of speech, I don't mean video tape yourself drinking :-))

Practice, practice, practice driving, especially if it's your first inboard, especially driving slow for docking purposes, boat lifts, putting it back on the trailer. Same goes for driving in reverse.

Never be in a hurry ... use safety chains ... transom straps ... make sure you have your drain plug in.

There was a recent thread on what tools to bring in the boat ... will try to find that.

Also, tell us where you are from.

Edited by MalibuNation