Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mr. Microphone - or something like it

chathamsolutions

I've often thought that having a Mr. Microphone would be very cool when trying to teach newbies behind the boat. It would be great to talk to my kids over my tower speakers and help them with 'what to do next.' But the loudness of the boat, water, wind, etc. makes it next to impossible to communicate with someone 70feet back at 20MPH.

My kids got a toy from Santa that was like a Mr. Microphone, but it was crap and didn't last more than a couple weeks.

Has anyone tried something like this or have any experience with this?

I realize I can buy a superduhicky and hook it to my amps, etc. but really I wasn't looking to spend $500 so I could talk to a newbie every now and again. I was hoping there was an easy fix for this.

Any ideas?

Andy,

A couple of years ago we hired Mike Schwenne for the day to do a training session on my boat for several people. With him he brought a prototype helmet that had speakers mounted in it. He then held a small FRS type radio and could communicate directly to the rider. It worked amazingly well and was cool to complete a trick and then have immediate critique of what you did. I have not found them on the open market yet....but they may be there.

microphone

Why couldn't you use a regular microphone through the MP3 input and utilize the tower speakers ? Its not a line level input.

Edited by LS-One
Mr. Microphone

Mr. Microphone-Those commercials were classic. The dude cruising in his convertible coming along side some hot girls-pulls out the Mr. Mic -"Hey baby, be back to pick you up later" . Just think what you could accomplish with one of those in your Bu! Biggrin.gif Maybe we could do a group buy.

You should check the local laws. Our city code does not allow broadcast noise (radio- TV) to be heard more than 50 feet away. With being on water getting noise to travel 50 feet is similar to a pin dropping. The ticket is $582.00 and they write them. It is an equivalent to a speaker ban.

I bought a $19.99 megaphone at Kragens a few years back that works pretty well (extremely well considering the cost). I am also thinking about getting a small-ish grease board as well. Kind of like a pit board for motocross.