Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP!

So I have a huge yellow stain Cry.gif on my seat directly behind the driver's seat (flips open). I think the stain came from a cat peeing on my cover (don't let me catch that little SOB Guns.gif ) and then the cover got rained on and soaked the pee through onto the seat. Anyway, this "pee" has dyed (for lack of a better explanation) the white vinyl and is ugly, ugly, ugly. First question: Does anyone have any suggestions to get it off? I've tried all the remedies w/ no luck (magic eraser, seat soap, fantastik, etc....). Second question: I know that the sun can probably help bleach this out, but I can't figure out how to get the seat out Dontknow.gif It appears to be screwed (maybe) to the base, but I can't see any hinge and the vinyl seems to be covering whatever holds this seat on.

Thanks in advance for any opinions!!!!!!!

:thankyou::werule:

That is a bummer. I have had misc strange brown stains on the seats in the past, including someones new red suit staining the chair (which about made me crazy pissed off)...but they always fade out in time...back to same old white color. Its amazing how these things go away in time.

I would wash it with soap and water and leave it in the sun. A dealer once told me to put SoftScrub paste on it and let it sit. That also seemed to help. But mine is white...so not sure whether that advice would change if not white...

They will often cover a seat hinge with vinyl to hide the look of the hinge. if you see a row of staples near the pivot point of the seat, that's probably the place. Look at your observers seat hinge and you will see what I am talking about.

Remedies: you may not like this but soak a rag in bleach and leave it on the seat for an hour or so. Or call a good vinyl guy and he can "spray" over the stained area to match the original material. Or just leave it in the AZ sun and see what happens.

-Chris

So I have a huge yellow stain Cry.gif on my seat directly behind the driver's seat (flips open). I think the stain came from a cat peeing on my cover (don't let me catch that little SOB Guns.gif ) and then the cover got rained on and soaked the pee through onto the seat. Anyway, this "pee" has dyed (for lack of a better explanation) the white vinyl and is ugly, ugly, ugly. First question: Does anyone have any suggestions to get it off? I've tried all the remedies w/ no luck (magic eraser, seat soap, fantastik, etc....). Second question: I know that the sun can probably help bleach this out, but I can't figure out how to get the seat out Dontknow.gif It appears to be screwed (maybe) to the base, but I can't see any hinge and the vinyl seems to be covering whatever holds this seat on.

Antifreeze (enough said)

I don't have a "solution" for you, but I LOVE CATS. they taste like Chicken! :lol:

Have you tried Resolve Pet Stain remover?

Edited by areamike

If it is in middle of the seat, you could try Magic Eraser...as i have used it on the dreaded "pink" stains people have mentioned and it worked pretty well. Also, a thorough soak and soft brush scrub with Babes Seat Soap will help also. I second the UV sunlight thing too....although I didn't believe it at first, it works....but takes weeks. Meanwhile your stewing over the stain everytime you look at it, or at least *I* was.

Hope this helps,

I don't have a "solution" for you, but I LOVE CATS. they taste like Chicken! :lol:

Antifreeze (enough said)

:lol:

I don't have a "solution" for you, but I LOVE CATS. they taste like Chicken!

:)

Thanks for all the replies! I've tried Magic Eraser, Soft Scrub w/ Bleach (scary), Babe's, everything. Guess I'll have to give the HOT AZ sun time to do itself. You're all right though, P.O.'d as I've ever been Ranting.gif every time I look at it. I do have any upholstery guy that I'm sure could help too, but being that I'm a cheap skate (according to the CFO :) ) that'll be a last resort!

Antifreeze (enough said)

Antifreeze really works that well on vinyl??

I have used a 1:4 mixture of hydrogen pyroxide and water to get stainds out of vinyl.

Antifreeze (enough said)

I have used a 1:4 mixture of hydrogen pyroxide and water to get stainds out of vinyl.

antifreeze is for the cat when it's thirsty

Antifreeze (enough said)

Antifeerze kills cats! Does nothing else but help cooling system on your vehicle........

Innocent.gif

Antifreeze (enough said)

antifreeze is for the cat when it's thirsty

LOL!! Just call me S-L-O-W! Thumbup.gif