Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speedo/Engine Gauges INOP 2002 LXI

Hello,

I am searching for help repairing my current problem on my 2002 Sunsetter LXI. Last year all the engine gauges and the speedo all read zero. I replaced the fuse and all returned to normal operation.

This year the same thing happened. I replaced the fuse all indications returned to normal. Now the same problem has returned.Is the MDC-1600 failing??? Is there anyone out there that can shed some light with this problem? I understand the MDC-1600 is quite expensive and if anyone has a good source to purchase.Thanks Judd

Hello,

I am searching for help repairing my current problem on my 2002 Sunsetter LXI. Last year all the engine gauges and the speedo all read zero. I replaced the fuse and all returned to normal operation.

This year the same thing happened. I replaced the fuse all indications returned to normal. Now the same problem has returned.Is the MDC-1600 failing??? Is there anyone out there that can shed some light with this problem? I understand the MDC-1600 is quite expensive and if anyone has a good source to purchase.Thanks Judd

Don't know how much juice runs through those gauges, but maybe try a little bit larger fuse Dontknow.gif If you go up 5 (ex: 20-25) it shouldn't hurt much!

Unfortunately if it's blowing fuses, adding a larger one will just transfer that heat and melt the next thinner piece in line like the circuit board. That's why there is a specific fuse. You likely have a poor ground to the unit which is causing the voltage to drop and the current to go up, and blowing the fuse. Follow the ground to the connection block, then back to the source and finally the battery. Clean the battery terminals, look for corrosion anywhere there is a connection on ground or power.

Good luck!!!