Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which type of anchor...

AzJay99

Any suggestions for a good anchor to use on the Colorado? fast currents, sandy bottom. Don't want to beach, water level is unpredictable and dry docking on the beach doesn't sound like fun to me, seen it too many times.

Any suggestions for a good anchor to use on the Colorado? fast currents, sandy bottom. Don't want to beach, water level is unpredictable and dry docking on the beach doesn't sound like fun to me, seen it too many times.

Digger is only way to go

AF1

Box anchor with shore spike on the beach. www.slideanchor.com

Because the water fluctuates all day long I just found these cool hooks that allow you to quickly adjust the rope closer or farther from shore without tying new knots. www.danikhook.com I have the bow towards shore and have one of the hooks connected to the shore spike on shore and the other danik hook is connected to the back of the boat. They are a little pricey, but boy are they easy to operate.

RV

Digger is only way to go

AF1

I like the digger because of the release mechanism, but after looking at the box anchor it looks pretty good as well! Damn, just spent 125 on a digger too.....lol