Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Missing throttle linkage

I just bought my first 'Bu (and first boat actually, a 2000 Response LX, Indmar Vortec 310 HP) and my mechanic is telling me it's missing the throttle linkage part located on the top passenger side of the engine. He doesn't understand why it would be missing and is unable to find the right part for it or diagram to build a new one.

Anyone able to help out?

P.S. I just ordered the Clyver service manual for future reference.

I just bought my first 'Bu (and first boat actually, a 2000 Response LX, Indmar Vortec 310 HP) and my mechanic is telling me it's missing the throttle linkage part located on the top passenger side of the engine. He doesn't understand why it would be missing and is unable to find the right part for it or diagram to build a new one.

Anyone able to help out?

P.S. I just ordered the Clyver service manual for future reference.

Maybe the boat had Perfect Pass before, & when it was removed that piece of linkage got removed ?

Post a picture, should make things much easier.

I suspect you just need the ball and socket fitting that screws onto the end of the throttle cable and the ball fitting that bolts up to the throttle plate. These are the things removed when you install perfectpass. He can look at the tranny shift linkage as it is the same system.

Which engine? If it's a Monsoon II (325HP), it's kind of an 'A' shaped plate that holds the end of the shift linkage by ball/socket. It attaches by a 5/16x.5 bolt at the top of the A. The bottom of the A straddles the post just below & to right of bolt hole & the linkage attaches at the bottom left leg of the A.

I just replaced mine when I installed PP. I was looking for it last night and can't remember where it is, or I'd take a picture. I plan on holding onto it in case I remove PP or have a emergency that needs it. I plan on looking for it tonight and if I find it, I'll get some detailed posted.

PerfectPass may be able to hook you up with the plate (They sent one with the servo). Not sure about the ball & socket end of the throttle linkage. SkiDim may be able to help too.

Thanks to everyone, especially that last shot. just to make sure, I wrote to Indmar directly, I confirmed the parts I needed. The folks at Indmar responded lightning fast. For future reference here are the 3 possible parts and part numbers.

- The bracket that bolts to the intake manifold. P/N S981089

- Clamp assembly that attaches to the above bracket that the throttle cable attaches to. P/N is S495041

- Ball stud assemble that attaches to the carb for the throttle cable to attach to. P/N S695001