Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mirror options for 07 VTX

ndavis03

I am a proud new 2007 VTX owner, and was wondering what my mirror options are. I know of the Samson one that hangs down from the Illusion X, but haven't heard or seen much else. I currently have the standard windshield mount CIPA mirror, but want something a little different. I have also seen the ones being used on the 2008s, which are made by PCMW, and was wondering if that one will fit on my windshield? Any suggestions? Thanks.

The 08' PCMW bracket will fit your 07'. In my opnion it's a really nice bracket, and it's very functional in the boat. The only downfall is you have to collapse it down if you ever cover your boat. Both sides of the mirror bracket (base and arm) will run around $140 since it's made out of a one piece billet aluminum.

The samson mirrors are nice too, the tripple mirrors are awesome. Just make sure to cover them up or take them down, i've done a few cover & upholstery repairs from people leaving the mirror up and the sun burning a holes in the boat Cry.gif

Hope this helps.

Bake's Crew

I am a proud new 2007 VTX owner, and was wondering what my mirror options are. I know of the Samson one that hangs down from the Illusion X, but haven't heard or seen much else. I currently have the standard windshield mount CIPA mirror, but want something a little different. I have also seen the ones being used on the 2008s, which are made by PCMW, and was wondering if that one will fit on my windshield? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm of little help on mirror question. But I'm curious if you're the guy that bought the VTX from Power Sports Center in Charlotte. If so, you got a very nice boat for little coin! I know...I demo'd it too.

I'm of little help on mirror question. But I'm curious if you're the guy that bought the VTX from Power Sports Center in Charlotte. If so, you got a very nice boat for little coin! I know...I demo'd it too.

I actually bought the boat from Oasis Watersports in Redding, CA.

The 08' PCMW bracket will fit your 07'. In my opnion it's a really nice bracket, and it's very functional in the boat. The only downfall is you have to collapse it down if you ever cover your boat. Both sides of the mirror bracket (base and arm) will run around $140 since it's made out of a one piece billet aluminum.

The samson mirrors are nice too, the tripple mirrors are awesome. Just make sure to cover them up or take them down, i've done a few cover & upholstery repairs from people leaving the mirror up and the sun burning a holes in the boat Cry.gif

Hope this helps.

Bake's Crew

Does anyone happen to know how easy/hard it is to collapse the PCMW mirror? I am kinda leaning toward that mirror, because it appears very functional and is priced a whole lot better.

Thanks,

Nick

Hope this helps.

Bake's Crew

Does anyone happen to know how easy/hard it is to collapse the PCMW mirror? I am kinda leaning toward that mirror, because it appears very functional and is priced a whole lot better.

Thanks,

Nick

I've never seen that mirror, anyone got a pic?