Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vandilizism...

kent

I can not believe it !!! Just picked up my new 23lsv last tuesday put 6 hrs on it sunday, spent the night at my buddies house and bam! transom straps cut, ballast pump wires cut, fuel pump just about ripped off tank. Im half worried to start it cuz who knows whats in the tank.... I tell ya, I hope this SOB gets his in the end !!!!!

wow sorry to hear that. Will Ins take care of it?

Not sure im going to turn it in yet.... I done alittle research today and its probably going to cost me about 200 bucks... so hopefully if there isnt anything in the tank ill prob just take the hit and hope it doesnt happen again.

Ranting.gifGuns.gifBash.gifFrustrated.gifBadmood.gif aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kentjina

That is some really wierd vandalizm. I've never heard of someone cutting ballast pump wires, transom straps, and trying to rip off the fuel pump. Someone really didn't know what they were doing, or just a random act of violence against your boat. Was it uncovered overnight? Makes me feel glad I put an alarm in mine, nobody could even get into the boat or near it with the way it's set up.

That is some really wierd vandalizm. I've never heard of someone cutting ballast pump wires, transom straps, and trying to rip off the fuel pump. Someone really didn't know what they were doing, or just a random act of violence against your boat. Was it uncovered overnight? Makes me feel glad I put an alarm in mine, nobody could even get into the boat or near it with the way it's set up.

Unfortunetley it was uncovered and the back seats were in the rear storage compartment so they wouldnt blow out going down the road.. so it was kindof easy access to the fuel tank and rear ballast pump area. Well putting an alarm on it doesnt sounds like a bad idea now ! Which reminds me .. they unplugged the fuel pump so when i was plugging it back in there is a metal male pin sticking out the side of the pump is there supposed to be a wire attached to that as well... does anyone know ??

Edited by kentjina

Unfortunetley it was uncovered and the back seats were in the rear storage compartment so they wouldnt blow out going down the road.. so it was kindof easy access to the fuel tank and rear ballast pump area. Well putting an alarm on it doesnt sounds like a bad idea now ! Which reminds me .. they unplugged the fuel pump so when i was plugging it back in there is a metal male pin sticking out the side of the pump is there supposed to be a wire attached to that as well... does anyone know ??

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/spe...-29-08_2128.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/spe...-29-08_2127.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/spe...-29-08_2125.jpg

ground wire

MalibuNation
I can not believe it !!! Just picked up my new 23lsv last tuesday put 6 hrs on it sunday, spent the night at my buddies house and bam! transom straps cut, ballast pump wires cut, fuel pump just about ripped off tank. Im half worried to start it cuz who knows whats in the tank.... I tell ya, I hope this SOB gets his in the end !!!!!

Sorry to hear that ... was your buddies house on a lake you were boating at ... was it someone mad at you for boating? If it's the first 6 hours I'm guessing you weren't making anyone mad. Good luck!

When you reported it to the police, what did they tell you about similar occurrences in the area?

Was there anything left behind from the jamoke(s) who did this?

Most vandalism is perpetrated by someone the victim knows or had contact within 24 hours of the event. Seeing that nothing was boosted from the boat and specific things to disable the boat were done, I would say either there was an incident on the water with your boat or a similar boat and this was payback.

Think about this... How many people, on any given lake, would know how to disable a ballast system? Cutting the transom straps is an exterior job which could have been done by anyone walking in the area. Once someone takes the time to get into the boat, there is usually more to the story.

Edited by martho

That just basically sucks big time!! If you are like me, you already are a little picky and keeping your eye out for anything with a new boat anyway, now this.

Wow, makes you wonder if it was somebody who knew you or was jealous or something. But in the end, it's probably the same idiots that do these things with no reasoning.

Best of luck!

When I first started reading I thought you were going to say someone siphoned your gas out. I'm surprised we are not hearing about that more with boats. I saw on the news where people are drilling holes in car tanks and stealing gas.

Sort of off-topic, but we've had two different incidents here in AZ in the last month where thieves were trying to steal vehicles and were shot by the owners Guns.gif I love vigilante justice Biggrin.gifClap.gif Maybe a few more of these people dying will make thieves think twice about stealing Dontknow.gif

That just basically sucks big time!! If you are like me, you already are a little picky and keeping your eye out for anything with a new boat anyway, now this.

Wow, makes you wonder if it was somebody who knew you or was jealous or something. But in the end, it's probably the same idiots that do these things with no reasoning.

Best of luck!

When I first started reading I thought you were going to say someone siphoned your gas out. I'm surprised we are not hearing about that more with boats. I saw on the news where people are drilling holes in car tanks and stealing gas.

This happened to a friend of mine and his 2001 LSV. Gas prices weren't that high then and he really wasn't worried about the stolen gas. What sucked big time is that when they siphoned the gas out it spilled out and ran down his gelcoat. Since he did not see what happened until the next time he came for his boat, the gelcoat was stained and had to be repaired buy the dealer.

Sort of off-topic, but we've had two different incidents here in AZ in the last month where thieves were trying to steal vehicles and were shot by the owners Guns.gif I love vigilante justice Biggrin.gifClap.gif Maybe a few more of these people dying will make thieves think twice about stealing Dontknow.gif

Gotta Love AZ Yahoo.gif

Sorry to hear about your vandalism. That just plain sucks. Martho makes a good point, did you make any enemies lately? Maybe somebody is just jealous that you got a brand new boat. Dontknow.gif

I need to move to Arizona, I'd love to cap some @$$ trying to steal my crap.

Hopefully never have to use it, but my .44 sets locked and loaded right next to my pillow at night and I wouldn't even hesitate No.gif Like all of you, I work too hard for my #$%& to get stolen Guns.gif

Sort of off-topic, but we've had two different incidents here in AZ in the last month where thieves were trying to steal vehicles and were shot by the owners Guns.gif I love vigilante justice Biggrin.gif Clap.gif Maybe a few more of these people dying will make thieves think twice about stealing Dontknow.gif

That's not vigilante

That is a state which allows people to defend themselves and understands the deterrent that an armed citizen can be.

On a related note.... you never want to "cap someone in the a$$" as you put it. Liability issues, possible legal issues and many other problems can, and will, arise from shooting someone. In many states, shooting someone to defend property vs shooting someone to defend yourself is two, completely different ballgames.

If you need to squeeze that trigger, then something has gone severely wrong and requires immediate action. If put in that situation, I have to say they can have my personal stuff as long as my family is not in danger. Hell, a car is easily replaced...my family is not!

Edited by martho

Did you piss someone off on the lake Kent? Was somebodys Wife in the boat with you? Dontknow.gif

That blows brutha, sorry to hear it. At least you have a good dealer who can fix it Whistling.gif .

This thieving is getting so G D ridicules ! I'm probably going to end up in trouble or dead because I have just had it with thieves gang punks and the like.

I use to have just my .44mag ready to go, now I also have on hooks in the master closet above the door a Stoger 18" 12 gauge with pressure activated LED light mounted & loaded with 3.5" 00Buck, down stairs in the closet on hooks is a very short 3 shot .410 loaded. The next G D thieve I see or catch with my super surveillance and security system will have an itchy trigger finger to deal with, and I'm pretty sure it won't turn out well for him. Guns.gif