Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop

I ordered the 14.75 x 15.5 OJ XMP EDGE and just installed it on the boat. i have heard good things about this "new" prop and cant wait to see what it will be like.

Anyone else have this prop on there bu?

Oh yea it's on my 247 with the 8.1.

Cheers

Just an update to the install of the new prop..

Seems to have a little bit bigger hole shot vrs the stock prop but not a huge dif.

I filled all ballasts and droped the wedge to "load" the boat.

There was only me and a buddy on the boat for additional "peep" weight.

WOT i didnt loose any?. Top speed is showing 44.8mph.

It apperas to have a changed something when i put the boat

in gear.. "clunk". I did not have such a noise on the stock prop that i remmember.

Im not sure if i will continue to use this prop or return it.

The weather has not been the best the last couple days and need to get a few more peeps

in the BU to make a better decision.

Cheers

Changing a prop should not result in a clunk when shifting gear. Something isn't right. Check to make sure your prop nut is tight. Also, did you remember to put the prop key back with the new prop?

Changing a prop should not result in a clunk when shifting gear. Something isn't right. Check to make sure your prop nut is tight. Also, did you remember to put the prop key back with the new prop?

Check the nut like the others have mentioned. your going to notice a great hole shot when you load down the boat with full ballast, wedge and extra people in the boat. What was your stock prop?

The Prop key was put in forsure.. and it was as tight as i could get it. Im goin

to be pullin the boat from the slip later today or tommo and check it out.

The stock prop was the Acme 381 13.5 X 17.5.