Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warranty Transfer

wakeup

We recently sold our boat and are in the market for a new Malibu. What I didn't know is that it's a bit of a chore for the person buying a boat with remaining warranty, at least from what the person told me that bought our boat.

This boat was sold to someone just a couple docks down from us. He had to take a day off work and get it off the water and take it to the dealer in order for them to examine the boat. Only took an hour and 100 bucks, but round trip was 4.5 hours, and with gas prices, that was a little expensive. Then he had to pay for the Malibu transfer (I think a couple hundred more dollars) and then pay separate for the Indmar transfer (maybe 250 or so). Plus he had to come see me again to sign a paper from Malibu.

Does that sound correct?? I guess I was naive and thought it was just a signing of papers and away ya go. I've never sold an individual a Malibu with warranty remaining, so this was all new to me. But he also received conflicting information from two different Malibu dealers, so he was a little frustrated.

Wakeup,

What are you in the market for?

that's the big question for us as well!! Got a baby on the way in late July (a boy), so we are going to wait until after the event to really start our search. We are a wakeboard family so I was thinking perhaps a year old VLX might be our next purchase, but jury is still out right now. We sold our Vride really quick (quicker than we thought), BUT its only a couple docks down and they welcomed me anytime, so I still ride behind it (best of both worlds!!).

Our neighbor has an 06 23lsv that I'm riding behind right now most every weekend. Love that boat, and he even mentioned he might be selling his boat after this season. We don't need the extra room, but sure is a nice boat.

Until then, we have a pontoon that keeps most of the cruising crowd happy.

That is nice it is only a couple docks down. Do you live on the lake? We have found it very difficult to get out with our newborn. That is why our '08 VLX is for sale.

That is nice it is only a couple docks down. Do you live on the lake? We have found it very difficult to get out with our newborn. That is why our '08 VLX is for sale.

Have a vacation home on the lake about 1 hour away. We knew we would be away for a major part of this summer so we decided to get rid of our Vride, wait a while and see what we thought. Plus its a shame, but MANY around our lake are switching from Malibu to Nautique. Those are big around these parts and mainly because there is a dealer at our lake, but Malibu is about 3 hours away. I'll stick with Malibu, but that's the trend around my section of the lake.

Good luck with the sale and the new baby.