Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Under Observer Seat Mods

Cheat Otoole

I am considering mounting a bazooka tube sub unit under the observer seat and potentially moving my battery boxes there as well. I would rather have the space freed up forward of the observer seat. I know that some have moved the batteries to this location already. My question is; Is there anything I need to be careful of if using screws to mount equipment to the floor under the seat? ie: Is there anything under the floor that may not react well to having a screw run into it. Boat is a 2007 Wakesetter XTi w/Cut Diamond hull.

Thanks in advance, I have already learned a ton about these boats on this forum.

I moved a 4 battery system under my observer seat and freed up a WHOLE bunch of room in the cave. I had to switch to blue top optimas in order for them to fit, but it was worth it. I also made an amp rack for inside the cave and it basically rest against the hull at an angle. This freed up a bunch of room as well. I did not screw anything down under the observer seat and wouldn't know about that part.

You'll be fine, just use the same length screws as the factory did.

-Chris

Plus1.gif

As an example of what can be done, here are a couple of projects that I've done on my boats. The sub install was particularly sweet - having them out in the open like this really helps balance the sound in the whole cabin, not just for the driver.

Subs

post-1-1212003795_thumb.jpg post-1-1212003801_thumb.jpg

Batteries

post-1-1212003860_thumb.jpg

If I had it to do over again with the current boat, I think that I'd find a way to get a sub or 2 under the seat with the batteries. That space is so dead anyway, & it's a great spot for them IMO.

I relocated my batteries under there with no problems. I used 1" screws into the floor for the hold downs. I really wanted to pu my sub there too but the older VLX's don't have enough clearance.............

Thanks for the info. The Bazooka tube just fits. I think I'll install it first and when the batteries need replacing, install a couple of Blue Tops as shown. We never use that space but use the cave alot.

You'll be fine, just use the same length screws as the factory did.

-Chris

Plus1.gif

As an example of what can be done, here are a couple of projects that I've done on my boats. The sub install was particularly sweet - having them out in the open like this really helps balance the sound in the whole cabin, not just for the driver.

Subs

post-1-1212003795_thumb.jpg post-1-1212003801_thumb.jpg

Batteries

post-1-1212003860_thumb.jpg

If I had it to do over again with the current boat, I think that I'd find a way to get a sub or 2 under the seat with the batteries. That space is so dead anyway, & it's a great spot for them IMO.

You could do a downward facing sub with angled slots in the side (where you old subs were) to port the air....just don't know how it would sound :unsure: