Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Manual, Floating, or Power Wedge on 2007 RLXI

zigzag

Hello-first post on the board. I sold my 22 ft wakeboard i/o boat and have decided on a 2007 RLXI to replace it. I want the ski wake, but some of the younger kids in the family want to wakeboard. I have been looking at several boats with the wedge and trying to decide which wedge is the best for the RLXI. Any input would be appreciated!

Power wedge all the way, have had the manual and now the power, adjustments on the fly. No better improvement in the past 5 years than the power wedge Thumbup.gif

I have the power wedge on my 06 RLXi and it is great compared to the manual but if I would have had my choice (i bought a demo boat) I would not have put the power wedge on. I ski and barefoot but many in the family board. I have seen the wake first hand behind my parents Sunsetter and the RLXi and the response just is not designed for big air. This is just my opinion and I am sure others will blast me for it but I would put the manual on the boat and put the other money towards other accessories.

Power wedge.

I installed a power wedge on my 1997 Response and am glad I did. Best thing about it is you can adjust the setting for the wake you want, longer or shorter.

Power wedge.

I installed a power wedge on my 1997 Response and am glad I did. Best thing about it is you can adjust the setting for the wake you want, longer or shorter.

I did not know that you could install a power wedge. I thought it had to be done at the factory.

Power wedge.

I did not know that you could install a power wedge. I thought it had to be done at the factory.

it should be

Power wedge.

No retrofits will be done at the factory for the PW.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going with the 2007 RLXI with the Power Wedge. Thanks for all of the input!

I have the 07 LXi with Power Wedge, the only way to go.

Power Wedge adjustments on the fly, and the wake is surprisingly good, especially with a couple of bodies sitting on the rear bench. But the ski wake.... mmmmmmm.

• 3 years later...