Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge guage doesn't work right.

Deltawake

Our Power wedge guage on our brand new WS VLX does not read properly. It always reads full down. Is there a reset that I'm overlooking, or is there another problem?

Our Power wedge guage on our brand new WS VLX does not read properly. It always reads full down. Is there a reset that I'm overlooking, or is there another problem?

Not sure what the problem is but on the new boats if you turn the battery isolator switch off then when you turn it on again to use the boat you have to "recalibrate" the wedge and gauge. If you don't it might do some funny things. If it does these funny things then yes you might have to take it back to the dealer so they can use the computer to reset it.

This is partly why I don't shut the battery switch off after use if we are going out in the next day or two.

I was recently told by my dealer to make sure I bring in my 08 WS LSV to get an "update" for the power wedge to fix inaccurate positioning and guage issues. They told me that it will be a pain until I get it fixed, I would think that this might be your problem as well

Good luck

What "Update"? Is there a new computer program they can download. We had our PW repair and the guage has not been correct since. It moves way too much for the movement. We adjusting by feel which is fine, but I'd like to edit the presets.

Dealer

Plus1.gif If you can wait until the season is over that way it's not sitting in the shop for 2-3 weeks of your summer. You could try checking the back plug you may just have a wire off.

Edited by 68Slalom

I test drove an '08 about 2 months ago. The fuse was blown and the gauge didn't work. Maybe as simple as that.

The guage for my power wedge doesn't work right either. It will index down but once all the way down it won't index back up until I get to the top position. I can tell that the wedge is actually moving by feel but I wish I knew exactly where it was. Is this just a calibration or is this a warranty issue? If warranty, I am going to have to live with it for the summer because my dealer is a 6 hr round trip.

The guage for my power wedge doesn't work right either. It will index down but once all the way down it won't index back up until I get to the top position. I can tell that the wedge is actually moving by feel but I wish I knew exactly where it was. Is this just a calibration or is this a warranty issue? If warranty, I am going to have to live with it for the summer because my dealer is a 6 hr round trip.

Try the calibration. It works on my VTX. I believe the procedure is in the manual. It is done using the middle cruise / ballast computer unit.

Plus1.gif

Try the calibration. It works on my VTX. I believe the procedure is in the manual. It is done using the middle cruise / ballast computer unit.

Plus1.gif

I don't think the instructions are in the manual, but come as a seperate instruction sheet within the Mailbu owners manual black case that you would have gotten with your boat.