Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anchor light on Illusion tower

Question on the anchor light on the illusion tower. It worked for a awhile then stopped. I ohmed out the bulb and it checked fine. I then tested the socket and couldn't get 12v. Is there a fuse some where?

Make sure the little twist cap has all 3 hooks on it. Also check the butt splices under the gunnel by the tower mount.

-Chris

Mine doesn't work either, I was going to check it out this weekend. I see what I find and post up it you haven't fixed it by then.

Typically, what I have seen happen is they they don't hook it up at the dealer during setup. It's on the drivers side ususally bundled up in the stack of wires for the speakers and lights inside the tower. The connecting set is right below the base of the tower, sometimes hiding behind the plastic insert where the speakers and cup holders are.

Question on the anchor light on the illusion tower. It worked for a awhile then stopped. I ohmed out the bulb and it checked fine. I then tested the socket and couldn't get 12v. Is there a fuse some where?

I am having the same problem. were you able to fix it?

Joe

Are there universal anchor lights for all towers on the market? Much better than sticking the pole in the back

There are a couple of options for aftermarket anchor lights. Titan offers an anchor light that can usually be made to work on any tower without too much trouble. You can purchase it at Wakeside.

There are a couple of options for aftermarket anchor lights. Titan offers an anchor light that can usually be made to work on any tower without too much trouble. You can purchase it at Wakeside.

Cool, Thanks.........

AF1 Rockon.gif

Are there universal anchor lights for all towers on the market? Much better than sticking the pole in the back

Titan's is nice. But doesn't fold down out of the way.

Monster's is quite a bit less expensive & folds down easily.

I have one of these on a pontoon boat..... the one on the far left. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to rig on the Malibu tower. Would definitely be a lot better than the 6 footer that came with the boat.

009_277_001_519.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Not sure what you mean by running light, AF1. But it's CG approved as an anchor light or stern light... ie; 2 mile, 360 degree visiblity, etc.

We are kind of the exception to the rule with this boat. We do some crazy boat driver/rider tricks that the average rider doesn't do. Around the Boat will rip the Titan light clean off.

Not sure what you mean by running light, AF1. But it's CG approved as an anchor light or stern light... ie; 2 mile, 360 degree visiblity, etc.

We are kind of the exception to the rule with this boat. We do some crazy boat driver/rider tricks that the average rider doesn't do. Around the Boat will rip the Titan light clean off.

I grew up on the coast as a son of a commercial fisherman.. Anchor light was lawya at top of mast, but now that I think of it we never had a running light on back of the boat.....

AF1

Well I figured it out. I first found the blown fuse. Replaced it an POP, blown again so I started looking for the short. I pulled off the light cover and removed the bulb. I took apart the light housing to expose the wire and plugs below. Sure enough the pigtails were shorting to each other. On the Illusion tower the light raises about 4 inches to be seen above the bimini. There was not enough slack in the wires to allow for it to raise all the way up. So as i continued to pull on it, the wires tightened up and pulled together. I got the wire stretcher out and pulled some more slack in the wires!!!! Finally I taped off the pigtails.

I should have thought of that, not sure where my brain was!

WHAT!!?? The light comes up? I've had my boat for almost two years and I did not know this. Is there any way to replace the bulb with an LED?