Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A good place to get custom covers

nemalibu

I wanted to mention a place where I have had good experiences having custom covers made for my boat. They have made covers for both of the boats I have owned.

I am a bit anal about covers. I had this place make: a custom bimini top, a custom trailering cover, and a custom mooring cover. The mooring cover has the feature that the boat can be completly tied-up a the dock and then the cover can be put on (special cut outs and no around-the-boat rope). I also had a cut-out made in the mooring cover for the fuel tank vent.

These custom covers were made for my boat (I left her with them for 2 days) and were less expensive than non-custom-fit ones I could order on-line.

The place is Brother's Covers (413-787-1933) in West Springfield, MA. I have mostly delt with Kenny Labelle.

wow, its a small world! Its cool to see a small shop like them get mentioned on a world-wide site like this.

Plus1.gif for Brothers Covers. We've had them make several boat covers and a bunch of truck covers over the years. They will also do some seat and cushion workd too.

I haven't gone the custom cover route but I have a hard time seeing something fitting my 2002 RLX better than the Rankin cover I got last year. It was a little spendy ($800) but if I can get 6-8 years out of it it will be worth it.

The fit is amazing it fits like a drum, no water pools in it, I don't need any supports in it and I can cover it while the boat is tied up at the dock without getting wet.

I haven't gone the custom cover route but I have a hard time seeing something fitting my 2002 RLX better than the Rankin cover I got last year. It was a little spendy ($800) but if I can get 6-8 years out of it it will be worth it.

The fit is amazing it fits like a drum, no water pools in it, I don't need any supports in it and I can cover it while the boat is tied up at the dock without getting wet.

that is why i asked them the price, because they said the price was cheaper than others. I know the rankins and covercrafts are nice, but $800 for a cover to me is ridiculous. i know i am dating myself, but my first boat, motor and trailer was $1500!!!! (ok, it ddn't have a cover)...

Edited by jgouveia3