Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hot water shower not gettting hot

shower not getting hot

it's a heater craft shower kit

i have installed the hot water side to the passenger side manifold ( was told this was the factory location)

there was a plug that i removed and installed the correct fitting

where should I tap into the hot side to get hot water???? Dontknow.gif

shower not getting hot

i have installed the hot water side to the passenger side manifold ( was told this was the factory location)

I think you need to tap into the block fitting

shower not getting hot

I think you need to tap into the block fitting

Yeah, you need to tap your hot supply into the head. (Oops :blush: ) The stock location is in between cylinder 6 and 8 spark plugs on the port side. (Cylinder #1 is starboard side near transom)

Here is a pic of the spot.

post-5669-1211858220_thumb.jpg

Edited by RIPP52VLX

That pic is actually the head, which should work just as good as the block fitting. I guess you have two knock sensors? Mine only has one, so I used the block fitting on the other side. But yeah, water will flow through the exhaust manifold too quickly for the water to really pick up much heat as you have discovered. I assume this is a new shower install that has never worked. IE, the screen in the mixing valve isn't plugged up on the hot side?

That pic is actually the head, which should work just as good as the block fitting. I guess you have two knock sensors? Mine only has one, so I used the block fitting on the other side. But yeah, water will flow through the exhaust manifold too quickly for the water to really pick up much heat as you have discovered. I assume this is a new shower install that has never worked. IE, the screen in the mixing valve isn't plugged up on the hot side?

new shower get a little hot at first then goes cold

ripp is it the same location on the 383 hammerhead??

Yes it is. That picture was actually taken in the dealer showroom from a VTX with a 383 hammerhead. I took the picture as reference when I was installing mine; connected it to the exact same location on my 340 Monsoon and it works great.

Steamy water even when pulling from a 52 degree lake.

Yes it is. That picture was actually taken in the dealer showroom from a VTX with a 383 hammerhead. I took the picture as reference when I was installing mine; connected it to the exact same location on my 340 Monsoon and it works great.

Steamy water even when pulling from a 52 degree lake.

thanks

can i hook up to the fitting between 1-3 and then y into the one 6- 8 is that o.k.

Edited by my malibu

Hey Ripp,

Wanna come down to Okotoks and install my shower?

Do you have any pics of where the pump is installed and also the mixing valve.. Also did you replace one of the ACC switches with one that has "Shower" on it?

Hey Ripp,

Wanna come down to Okotoks and install my shower?

Do you have any pics of where the pump is installed and also the mixing valve.. Also did you replace one of the ACC switches with one that has "Shower" on it?

How much beer do you have? How do I get home after drinking it all? Biggrin.gif

PM me your e-mail and I will send you some pics of my install.