Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upholstery cleaner

I live in socal and I am getting these little yellow spots on my upholstery. It looks like a little bird dropping our something. I can get the bulk of it off but it leaves a little yellow stain. Any pointers for removing these spots? It's an 08 and the dealer said it is a new material so we have to be careful with what we use to clean it. Thanks, Ian

Babes Seat Soap is what I use....and a soft bristle brush. Works GREAT! I would be very careful with things like Magic Eraser, although I have used them with some good results. Since I have switched to BSS, all seems well.

Best of luck,

• 2 weeks later...
Tried the babes and I still can't remove the yellow stain. Was going to try the Magic eraser but I'm worried about damaging the upholstery

I think the little yellow stains are from bee crap. It happened to our 'bu. After you clean as much off as you can, put the cushions outside and the sun will fade them away. It will take several attempts, but it works.

It's probaly spider or bug poop, do you moor your boat under a canopy with out a cover?

Woody is correct, UV will bleech out stains in vinyl over time. I had a customers kid write all over the vinyl with a sharpe and it bleeched out over a month before he brought his boat in to get winterized. Pretty wierd.

For really bad stains, our detailer uses soft scrub with bleech in it (all ready mixed) He said it's safe to use on viyl as long as you clean and condition it after you scrub it with the soft scrub w/bleech.

For general cleaning our customers have been really happy with teh Babe's, 3M, and Meguirs products.

Hope you get those stains out!

I've had success with the McGuire's upholstery cleaner and some elbow grease. I follow with 303 protectant.

Edited by Pondking
It's probaly spider or bug poop, do you moor your boat under a canopy with out a cover?

Woody is correct, UV will bleech out stains in vinyl over time. I had a customers kid write all over the vinyl with a sharpe and it bleeched out over a month before he brought his boat in to get winterized. Pretty wierd.

For really bad stains, our detailer uses soft scrub with bleech in it (all ready mixed) He said it's safe to use on viyl as long as you clean and condition it after you scrub it with the soft scrub w/bleech.

For general cleaning our customers have been really happy with teh Babe's, 3M, and Meguirs products.

Hope you get those stains out!

Brake cleaner gets sharpe out, it is basically acetone or something like that, I doubt it is good for your vinyl. :Doh:

We have a Poplar tree on our beach that drops little yellow things that tend to stick to just about anything. If they get in the boat, they leave a small yellow stain too. I have a welcome matt stapled to the dock right by the boat & make sure we all use it to scrape off the bottom of our sandals & feet. Plus be sure to wipe off shorts or t-shirts of anyone who has been sitting on the beach or picnic tables.

Plus we use Babes on the upholstery. Seems like if we keep up on it, these things don't tend to stick very well & clean up easier.

We have a Poplar tree on our beach that drops little yellow things that tend to stick to just about anything. If they get in the boat, they leave a small yellow stain too. I have a welcome matt stapled to the dock right by the boat & make sure we all use it to scrape off the bottom of our sandals & feet. Plus be sure to wipe off shorts or t-shirts of anyone who has been sitting on the beach or picnic tables.

Plus we use Babes on the upholstery. Seems like if we keep up on it, these things don't tend to stick very well & clean up easier.

I saw another poster say that Liquid Cascade and about 10 seconds of scrubbing gets stubborn stains out. Plan to try it myself. Good luck, and maybe you can do the dishes while you're at it.

I saw another poster say that Liquid Cascade and about 10 seconds of scrubbing gets stubborn stains out. Plan to try it myself. Good luck, and maybe you can do the dishes while you're at it.

That was me and it does work great but be careful not to let it sit too long or get it on your clothes cause it has a lot of bleach in it.