Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 RLXi torn water hose

bb01760

Waited 8 months since we bought it and finally got it in the water last week.

Was great, a huge upgrade from the I/O we had.

Wife loved driving it and the kids are all fired up for the weather to heat up a little.

Since I care about ski more then the water and air temp we went out a few times.

Yesterday finally the thermometer hit the above 70 mark (water still 65-70). Wife said you ski now, I will give the water a try when the air gets a little warmer.

After I did a few sets, I drop down and wife and kids are yelling " we are sinking, there is water EVERYWHERE"

I get the ski off in the middle of the lake, swim to the boat, to find the main water return hose from the thermostat torn 8 inches long on BOTH sides of it.

Well we are in the middle of the lake early morning no one around. I know my ski partner is in a golf tournament, so lets wait.

We wave to the first boat we see, they keep on going, untill we wave again trying to look worried.

They finally approach us and say " what a great looking boat" We answered, yes it is currently only nice and useless :)

They where nice to pull us to our dock. Called the dealer - They are closed for this nice weekend ( They are probably all on the water ).

( But they do have an emergency answering service that tells you that they are closed, and that there is nothing she can do to help

Will have to wait for them to open, I will surly ask them to replace all hoses, and provide a spare one.

There goes tour first weekend on the water, hope the rest are far better.

BB

Carry at least a little bit of spare hose. Also, hoses like that are easy to patch with beer cans and duct tape, should the need arise.

Carry at least a little bit of spare hose. Also, hoses like that are easy to patch with beer cans and duct tape, should the need arise.

Ahhaa!

now I know why boating and drinking go so well together!

I will keep this in mind next time.

:)

-- Got the new boat so I don't have to drink and boat --

Edited by bb01760

That is also why you carry a paddle in the boat. It would take some time but you will get there eventually.

Sorry I was on the golf course.

Edited by Chef23

I believe that hose was a common failure last year. Must have been a bad batch of hoses. I would bet that all the other hoses are fine.

I have a 2003 and it has a shut off valve on the fresh water intake line. Closing this woul Thumbup.gif d stop any water from coming into the boat.