Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shower - Squirts a bit - That's all

1998 Malibu Response - just got all of the parts for the shower from the guy I bought the boat from. I hooked it all up yesterday, and could only get an occasional squirt. The pump is running and I turned the hot and cold water knobs to different positions with no help. I read some old threads that said there is a filter/s at the temp controls? How do you clean those filters and is there any other place in the system with filters or impellors.

Thanks,

Wood

the valve body has screens that may be accessed from the back.

just pull things apart and clean the screens out as a starting point.

i've added screens at the other end of the hoses because the back of the valve body is hard to get at on my rig.

that seems really common problem. Most liekly blocked gauze filters on inlet side of the valves. Also check the hot water intake on engine block as it tends to get rusty scale blocking it too. I'm going to be adding inline filters sometime as it's a PITA

When I installed the shower in my RLXi, there was a small machine screw that must have been floating around in the box that ended up in the input water line fitting on the pump...blocked nearly all the water flow. It was easy to find once I dis-assembled what I had just assembled.

When I installed the shower in my RLXi, there was a small machine screw that must have been floating around in the box that ended up in the input water line fitting on the pump...blocked nearly all the water flow. It was easy to find once I dis-assembled what I had just assembled.

Thanks for the input. I took the hot water line off the engine first and it was completely plugged (as mentioned above). Cleaned it out. I then took the valves off the boat and cleaned them out. Couldn't figure out how to get to the screens. It looked like there was a screw holding each handle on under a plastic cap so I didn't fool with it. I used my sink pressure and blew water backwards through the screens. Cleaned it out pretty good. Put it all back together and it seems to be working a-ok. After-market stuff is just crap even if it came with the boat. Great idea, poor execution.

Thanks again guys.

Wood