Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Time for a change

smooth as glass

My 20th anniversary Cdx was stolen right out from under the cover over weekend so must go shopping fast....... D3, Goode 9800, Nomad, Radar, Mapples, Lapoints. Jeez so many choices. Just breaking into 22 off at Trophy so I'll be Demo fatigued next weekend. Thought I'd get the collective wisdom of the group though before dropping a grand. Mostly free ski but get to Trophy when I can. I'm 155# 5'10'' and love going fast. Loved that CDX and comfort of the Wileys high wraps. Any similar feeling ski out there or have they gotten that much better over last few years?

...Loved that CDX and comfort of the Wileys high wraps...

Demo the new stuff but take comfort in the fact that if you don't find something you like better you can still get the CDX from Wiley's.

Knowing that you love Herb O'Brien products I would be surprised if you liked Denny Kidder designs. Kidder, KD, D3...all ski similar to each other and different from Herb's products (O'Brien, HO, Radar). I have met very few peole who like them both. A lot of people will tell you what ski you "need" to buy but demo'ing is the only way to know. The HO System 8 is probably the closest thing to the CDX in the current HO line but it turns sharper and accelerates faster. If you like speed be sure to demo the HO Monza and Radar MPD. Shocking.gif My Monza has scared me a few times. :lol: Unbelievable acceleration. Thumbup.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu
Knowing that you love Herb O'Brien products I would be surprised if you liked Denny Kidder designs. Kidder, KD, D3...all ski similar to each other and different from Herb's products (O'Brien, HO, Radar). I have met very few peole who like them both.

I went from years of O'Brien to an old HO, briefly, then got a D3. Love the D3.

2008 Monza!!! From what I've seen, it's a tamer version of the 06' & 07' Monzas. I have a 2008. The jury is still out, as I've only got a few sets in on it, but from what I've seen.....I LOVE it!!!!

Ya, but that's you. Crazy.gif

I said "very few"...it does happen but most of the time people who really like Herb's products don't like Denny's. The last time I tried a KD I hated it but at the time I was still an old-school tail-rider. Now that I'm going more weight forward (incorporating some WCS) maybe I should try again. Dontknow.gif

Put me in the camp of someone who has been able to ski on either. I had a D3X5 that skied great and am on a Monza now and was able to make the switch very easily. The only reason I changed was because I wanted a bit bigger ski.

I skied on KD/D3 products for years and then went to Carbonworx skis for three years- very similar to D3, then last year skied a Monza and had a great year. Now I'm on a 9800SL and this ski is outrageous in what it can do! No wonder the guys I was skiing against were beating me all these years skiing on Goodes... Dontknow.gif Now, I'm on one too Rockon.gif

If you have that kind of dough to put down seriously talk to Goode and follow their demo program.

Ya, but that's you. Crazy.gif

I said "very few"...it does happen but most of the time people who really like Herb's products don't like Denny's. The last time I tried a KD I hated it but at the time I was still an old-school tail-rider. Now that I'm going more weight forward (incorporating some WCS) maybe I should try again. Dontknow.gif

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Your change in weight distribution is likely due to the stooping over that comes with advanced age. Tease2.gif

Michael, if you get the chance, try an X5 or Nomad RC. I think you'll like it. :)

Glad you're liking the Goode, Greg. Just picked up a used 9700 for the wife--not easy finding a 64" 100 amp! :lol: Not ready to plunk the $ for myself this season. But when I make the move I may have to Go Fish.

I skied on KD/D3 products for years and then went to Carbonworx skis for three years- very similar to D3, then last year skied a Monza and had a great year. Now I'm on a 9800SL and this ski is outrageous in what it can do! No wonder the guys I was skiing against were beating me all these years skiing on Goodes... Dontknow.gif Now, I'm on one too Rockon.gif

If you have that kind of dough to put down seriously talk to Goode and follow their demo program.

Traitor! Cry.gif

Traitor! Cry.gif

I'm just keeping the Carbonworx in good condition because it's going to become a collectors item someday. I had a couple great years while riding Carbonworx skis!

Traitor! Cry.gif

I'm just keeping the Carbonworx in good condition because it's going to become a collectors item someday. I had a couple great years while riding Carbonworx skis!

I'm going to keep mine in good condition by exercising it often. I still really like that ski and don't want to drop the amount of money it would take to get something new.